Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Missing out on the journey? Tempted to undo TnR...

Hannah Moore
@hannah-moore
11 years ago
68 posts

I did tnr about 3 weeks ago and love how my hair looks but feel like Im cheating and missing out on part of the journey.

Most of my tnr has come out completely at the back and the rest loosened up by themselves but the ones that stayed tight I loosened them a little but they just go back to how they were. I know if theyre too tight they wont dread properly so thats another reason why Im thinking of taking them out and starting over going completely natural.

On the other hand my hair is so fine, straightand not very long so feel like it wont dread. But a friend on here has similar hair to me (bit longer but he said its fine and straight) and hes made much more progress than I expected in 2 and half months.

I dont want to feel like Im cheating or missing out or whatever but at the same time feels like its unproductive to take them out plus I love how they look now and dont want to go back to my boring, straight hair =[

Anyway just wondered what people have to say about this and what you think I should do?

updated by @hannah-moore: 01/13/15 09:53:06PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

well its a choice only u can make depends how important it is to u

but it doesnt stay straight n boring long

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
KaarlieBirdie
@kaarliebirdie
11 years ago
22 posts

Congratulations on your start! I alos have fine hair and started with tnr. I felt the same way for the first bit! Like i was cheating and that what I had done was inconsistant and wouldn't form right. The feeling of cheatingdissipated as my hair changed and I realized everyone has their own path and what works for them.

Within a month or two, almost all the babylocks had come nearlycompletelyunravelled. They started moving and settling, figuring out where they wanted to be on their own. Now, at 7 months they're coming along great. The front is still somewhat loose but the locking seems to be creeping forward from the back.

From what I understand everyone goes through phases oflooseningand tightening. I just sat back and waited and I'm still super pleased about whats happening. Do whatever feels right to you :)

Good Luck!

Hannah Moore
@hannah-moore
11 years ago
68 posts

Thanks soaring eagle youre right its my decision just getting myself worried over nothing. Think I probably will take them out and start over. I dont want to have any regrets so better to sort it out now 3 weeks down the line than a year or 2 when theyre mature and still be regrettinig t. When I tnr my hair was about 4 inches but now guess its getting on to 6 inches (Biotin is aking it grow really fast) so should start to notice it locking up naturally now.

And Kaarlie Birdie had a look at your timeline looks like your dreads are showing really good progress =] Do you ever regret doing tnr now?

the Barrellady
@the-barrellady
11 years ago
1,302 posts

Twist & Rip is the second best method. You are not cheating yourself at all, you are still growing them, no salon made them. I also did T&R and am on a journey, and love it. They loosen anyways, so what's the difference to you? If you don't like the tight ones, then take them out only, but you are just 3 weeks into it, they will loosen more. Relax, sit back and just enjoy the ride with no regrets....Peace

Hannah Moore
@hannah-moore
11 years ago
68 posts

Hey thanks for the replies I just undid the tnr and starting over

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form