Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Hello from SLC, Utah

Erin Carr
@erin-carr
11 years ago
5 posts
Hey all just wanted to say hi!I'm 24, real close to 25 and haven't brushed my hair since 12/12/12. It's been an interesting journey so far and i love my hair, most days ha!I love the difference reactions i get, and i'm excited to continue the journey.
updated by @erin-carr: 01/13/15 09:53:05PM
DreadfulAmenita
@taby
11 years ago
80 posts

Hey, Erin! Glad you're enjoying the journey too. I was just looking on here for people from SLC. My husband and I are about to go there for a few months for work, and I was wondering how people there respond to dreads. I've never been anywhere near Utah, so I have no idea what to expect.

Erin Carr
@erin-carr
11 years ago
5 posts
Hi there!For one Utah is a really great place, so many places to see, beautiful country.I don't have a full head of dreads yet but most every responds to my hair has been possitive.Salt Lake has some really great counter culture to it.If you're moving to a smaller town, people might react different to your looks.Good luck and enjoy Utah.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

well we had a rainbow gathering just miles from slc

the governor came out on horseback

and declared the dreaded rainbow tribe to be the lost tribe the mormons prophesied so they reacted to us pretty positively

but the mormons freak me out

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Erin Carr
@erin-carr
11 years ago
5 posts
AhHA! That's fantastic! Yeah, the mormons are an interesting group. Having Utah full of them has it's pluses and minuses.My favorite plus is that on Sundays you have the whole city to yourself and all the non-mormons. It's super quiet, best day to ride your bike because there are hardly any cars, and Liberty Park becomes a big drum circle, it's kinda great.
Laura Earle
@laura-earle
11 years ago
233 posts

Welcome! Well, hopefully the good reactions outnumber the bad ones! I live in an area where I get more of the former than the latter, and I wish that everyone else here was as lucky...

Erin Carr
@erin-carr
11 years ago
5 posts
I'm glad you've had more good then bad!I haven't recieved any true negative comments. One or two, "looks like you need a hair brush" type comments, but the majority of reactions I recieve are, "I really like your hair!"Those are the people I care about any how, and the others I find as an opertunity to help them understand. :)
Rocky Hudson Jr.
@rocky-hudson-jr
11 years ago
1 posts

Welcome Erin! Im 25, live in slc also. Jus wantd to say dont worry bout peoples reactions positive or negative your locks are spiritually for you not anyone else with that said Enjoy the journey keep it natural no matter what anyone says cause in the end its worth it!

Erin Carr
@erin-carr
11 years ago
5 posts
Oh I know, I never take it to heart. Thanks for the support.
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form