Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Color run..... safe for dreadlocks?

Heather
@heather
11 years ago
1,291 posts

My son has been wanting to do a color run so for his graduation gift i signed us up for one. I'm a bit concerned at what the color will do to my dreadlocks. It says it's cornstarch colored powder. Anyone do one of these? Any trouble washing it out? I figure i could always wrap my hair up in a scarf but if washing it out isn't an issue then I'd like to have colorful dreadies for a day:)

updated by @heather: 01/22/20 09:33:16AM
Heather
@heather
11 years ago
1,291 posts

Okay cool. Thanks! I'll definitely pick up some filters. I've seen pictures of people wearing them and that definitely seems like a good idea.

the Barrellady
@the-barrellady
11 years ago
1,302 posts

Heather, that sounds like to so much fun, I have been wanting to do one of those for ages. Never heard of one around here but I should look it up on the web. Hope you take pics so we can see all the fun you had...and your colored dreads too.....peace

Laura Earle
@laura-earle
11 years ago
233 posts

Wellll, I'm participating in the Color Run on August third...if yours is after that, I can tell you how my experience was? I just plan on taking a loooooong shower afterward!

Heather
@heather
11 years ago
1,291 posts

Update: I did the color run a couple of weeks ago. I ended up wrapping my hair in a scarf. Unfortunately that didn't help much because the color is so fine that it was able to get through the weave of the fabric. I was a bit freaked out but with a frantic washing with a clarifying shampoo followed but a shampoo bar washing all of the color came out. The color run was a blast even though it was 100 degrees that day but we're already talking about doing another one. We're going to wait for cooler weather though:)

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form