dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Loose hair all over the roots (Frizzy)

GUIOME
@guiome
11 years ago
8 posts

Hey there,

Started my dreads few months ago. The back of my head is almost 3 months and the rest are almost 2 months. They are looking pretty good but I got a problem with frizzy hair on my head that look absolutely stupid. Will they disappear over time or what? I got a few picture right below. It all started when I took a shower. At start I had some but not a lot like this. Anyway, hope you guys can tell me whats up with theses.

updated by @guiome: 02/14/15 06:44:00AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

I got a problem with frizzy hair on my head that look absolutely stupid.

Started my dreads few months ago. The back of my head is almost 3 months and the rest are almost 2 months.

ya see?

this is what they do how they are suposed to be at 3-4 months in

they get better but takes a year to get there

but what have u done and used

how ya washing with what etc

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
GUIOME
@guiome
11 years ago
8 posts

ok I didn't know if it was normal or if I did something wrong.

I used twist and rip and some backcombing.

And I don't really wash them I just go in the shower and let them dry out.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

u should be washing u mean u havent washed your hair in 3 months????????

get the dreadlockshamooo.com shampoos and wash them 2-3 times a week

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
GUIOME
@guiome
11 years ago
8 posts

Correct.

I don't want to put soap in it it's just gonna be worse and I don't have the time and money to buy that kind of shampoo since I am anomad person that travels and hitchhike all over the world.

But thanks for the advice tho.

Simon Raye
@simon-raye
11 years ago
10 posts

do the baking soda/acv wash. you NEED to wash your hair or it will get disgusting. I'm sure it must be getting pretty gnarly after 3 months. what do you mean washing will make it worse? clean hair dreads better.

GUIOME
@guiome
11 years ago
8 posts

I won't use any baking soda or whatever shampoo because I don't have any money to throw on this I have most important thing to buy such as food. I've got a friend with 3 years old dread never washed them and they are pretty awesome and they are super nice looking. Using normal hair shampoo (Because like I said I cannot buy dread shampoo) will just put soap and chemicals into my dreads and they will stick in there. I have no regrets about my lifestyle and how I choose to live the actual subject about this topic was the loose hair on my head and I got my answer and I am happy about it.

Thanks and have a nice day :)

JeffThaGreenthumb
@jeffthagreenthumb
11 years ago
13 posts

1- it dont look stupid at all! 2-dont worry-i have frizzy loose hair too and i made the mistake a year and a half ago of letting it bother me and then stickin my dumb little fingers all over it. LET IT BE- that hair is going to grow and get sucked in to other dreads or eventually dread a little itself. I wish i had left all my fuzzy wuzzy dumb lookin hairs alone- i would have some cool little babies inbetween my big boys by now. but hey- its life and learnin the dreaded way- now i love loose hairs and frizz- it is part of my head and has a purpose- peace-yo dreads look good friend!

GUIOME
@guiome
11 years ago
8 posts

Thanks for the reply Jeff really getting happier now that I know that it is a normal process :D

Simon Raye
@simon-raye
11 years ago
10 posts

people that don't wash their hair for three years are the reason the stereotypes about dreads being dirty exist

/ 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form