Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Late Intro

Hannah Moore
@hannah-moore
11 years ago
68 posts

Ive been on the site for a little while now doing some reading and research before I did my tnr on the 14th May - most of which have fallen out or loosened but Im just going to leave them now and continue naturally. Been using bs/acv about every 3-4 days and laying on a wool pillow and thats about it.

Anyway a bit about me... I live in England, just turned 20, have a younger brother - Ross, a cutie fatty hamster called Rhino and a girlfriend Sarah who I stay with most of the time. Unemployed at the moment but looking for work without much luck... enjoy doing portrait pencil drawings and other arty things sometimes like planning and making models, crochet and other bits... reading occasionally.. watching movies... the usual things... Stuff that kinda makes me 'different' are my piercings, tattoos and strong beliefs.

Took a guess at what an 'intro' on here is meant to be so hopefully havent made a complete fool of myself and hope to make some good friends on here through my journey =D

updated by @hannah-moore: 01/13/15 09:52:36PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

your suposed to make a fool of yourself so the rest of us fools can be your friends

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
the Barrellady
@the-barrellady
11 years ago
1,302 posts

That's right, now that us fools know you, you are our foolish friend. Welcome and thanks for the intro. I also did the T&R method and have a posting that lets you know what to expect now, you may find it useful: http://www.dreadlockssite.com/forum/topics/just-starting-out-what-to-expect

Enjoy your journey, you will be in for a fun ride...Peace

Hannah Moore
@hannah-moore
11 years ago
68 posts

Thanks soaring eagle xD I guess youre right lol

And Barrellady thanks for the link think Ive read that post already but since youve done the tnr method.. I read elsewhere that if you do the sections too tight then they wont mature as theyre meant to loosen then knot themselves... Ive only had my tnr like 10 days now so maybe I should leave it a bit longer but some of mine still feel tight... most of them have loosened/come out completely but if the tight ones dont loosen themselves should I do it myself? Should I wait a while longer to see if they eventually loosen?

the Barrellady
@the-barrellady
11 years ago
1,302 posts

Hi Hanna, since you are only 10 days in, it is up to you if you take out tight T&R. You may want to though. A few skinny ones I did too tight, and they did not loosen,nor are they dreading how they should. They are staying tight and slowly zig zagging up but not how the others do. If I was not so far into my journey (almost 15 months) I would probably take them out. If you know you definitely made them too tight, take them out, you only have 10 days of a journey to loose. if you are not sure, then wait and see what happens. Hoope this helps you....Peace

Hannah Moore
@hannah-moore
11 years ago
68 posts

How do you know if theyre too tight?

Hannah Moore
@hannah-moore
11 years ago
68 posts

Probably being stupid but DLS?

Why did yours not feel right? I must admit I felt pretty stupid the first few days as they were sticking out everywhere but they felt fine apart from some being too tight but Ive now loosened them. Most of mine came out by themselves and the rest I almost completely undone because like you I changed my mind and decided I wanted to go more natural but seemed a waste to completely comb out as they had started going frizzy and forming their own knots and stuff so yeh. And I cant afford to get stuff from that site yet - the shipping is too expensive and to make it worth while Id have to buy quite a bit and being unemployed its just not possible at the moment. I have ordered some essential oils though to use along with the bs/acv wash but Im planning to spray these on as oppose to washing with them. =]

GoldenEagle
@goldeneagle
11 years ago
393 posts

At this early in the formation process.....too tight is relative. If you don't like how one or more dreadlocks feel when you squeeze them between your fingers it may be too tight in your opinion.

Hannah Moore said:

How do you know if theyre too tight?

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form