Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

How to start a natural dreads

Bastion Barrett
@bastion-barrett
11 years ago
2 posts
I'm 16 years old and I want to start natural dreads at the end of summer but I'm not sure how to start with everything since I'm still waiting for my hair to get longer because I don't think it is long enough to start the process
updated by @bastion-barrett: 01/13/15 09:52:28PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

u can start at bald many here have

but u may not see dreading till 6 inches (sometimes less)

throw away comb and conditio er wash in a dred friendly way

thats it

let it dread

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
the Barrellady
@the-barrellady
11 years ago
1,302 posts

How long is your hair now? All you need to do to grow natural dreads is to stop combing, no finger combing, and stop using regular shampoos and no conditioners. That's it, easy huh....Within a couple of weeks your hair will start to section into groups, these will be your future dreads. If you do not want fat dreadlocks, then divide any section that is larger than 1 inch where the hair meets the scalp. In the beginning your hair will want to matt like a nest in the back area because you sleep on there, so if the sections need separating daily so they don't join onto each other, then do it daily, for some it is only every few days.

So all you have to do is wash every 2-3 days, never add wax or gels into the hair, and separate any sections trying to join together....your dreads will grow with love....Peace

Bastion Barrett
@bastion-barrett
11 years ago
2 posts
Ill put a profile picture of my hair right now and what I've got so far is just stop using shampoo and conditioner but what do I use instead? And to not brush it or finger comb my hair and should I section off the places where I want the dreads?
Kelly3
@kelly3
11 years ago
333 posts

Just stop brushing, but do it now. You wont regret it. Your hair is long enough to dread, so you might as well start now.

CoriElaine
@corielaine
11 years ago
173 posts

Use your fingers to section your baby locs, sometimes it helps to have a trusted friend do what you can't see on the top/back of your head. There is tons of information on washing dreads on this site, you just have to look. But i would highly recommend anything from dreadlockshampoo.com, use the liquid soap over the bar soap until they are more mature. :)

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form