Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

I have problem with month old dreads.

Erika Lenne
@erika-lenne
11 years ago
5 posts

Well most of dreads are made by rip and twist tech, and they looked good first few days. Then they started to become very fluffy. The hair started to come out of dreads. I left it there thinking they will lock in. But they just became worse. I tried use crochet but it work only for few days. I wraped lose hair around dreads and locked them in with crochet and they keep coming out. The neglected dreadlock dont have as much lose hair. Im thinking to start all over again and comb them out. Is there any other way to lock the hair in or i should really start all over.

updated by @erika-lenne: 01/13/15 09:52:12PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,639 posts

throw awaty the crochet hook it takes a year not sa month to dread

u got to leave em alone let them get loose wild let the loose hairs be the crochet just delayed progress by 6 mou]=nths

throw the hook away and be patient

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Pete
@pete
11 years ago
67 posts

Listen to Soaring Eagle, he knows what he is talking about.

I felted my hair with this needle, it just destroys u r hair.

"There is nothing to fix, cuz there isn't anything wrong" - SE

Baba Fats
@baba-fats
11 years ago
2,702 posts

At a few months, they should look really messy. The TnR method is only a means to create a blueprint of where you want your locks to be, It doesn't "create" locks. Only time creates them. TnR, Back combing, any starter methods only serves to start your locks. They all come untangled in the first few washes. Then they retangle. The untangle again after you wash, again. And so on and so on for about 6-8 months. The 4th month in usually the messiest for most people. But around month 6-8 they start to come together and stay together.

Toss the crohet hook, or learn to use it for what it was designed for. Make scarves, hats, etc... But NEVER use it on your hair. Your hair isn't strong enough to take the ripping that crochet needles cause.

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form