Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Advice for Yoga Beginners? :D

Larra Juab
@larra-juab
11 years ago
76 posts

Hello brothers and sisters, Good Day/Good Evening! So I have decided to do yoga at the first week of June. I have been really interested in it for a long time. I have tried doing it at home, 1 a week for about a month now with the help of some youtube videos. I have thought that it's better to go to a yoga studio especially for beginners like me, and luckily I have found a local yoga studio! HURRAY! but anyways - to keep the story short. I was wondering if any of you can give me a little heads up about yoga. Like what to do before doing yoga. What to wear. What to remember, or any any any advice that you could give me which relates about yoga :D It would really be helpful for me. I have done some research about yoga, but I would really like that someone who is practicing it would tell me more about it. Thank you so much in advance and may the Heavens Bless each one of us! Much love, xoxox.

updated by @larra-juab: 02/03/18 11:26:35PM
Marissa2
@marissa2
11 years ago
6 posts
You should try starting each morning with the sun salutation! It starts your day really nice, and it wakes your whole body up. It definitely makes your day seem better. I started with variation A, the easier, and then moved onto variation B. I also attend weekly yoga classes. All I can tell you about that is wear loose, comfortable clothing. And make sure you like the instructor! My first instructor was only interested in flexibility and toning, I was more interested in the spiritual benefits. Needless to say, she didn't work out, haha. Good luck though!
Larra Juab
@larra-juab
11 years ago
76 posts

I shall try that then! :D but for how long do I do each poses though? Is there a specific time or such when doing it? And about the attire - do you really need to wear loose? Are body fit clothes not allowed?

And yep - I will try my best to find the right instructor! Hahaha, after all I am not there to make my body flexible and toned, I just want it's spiritual benefits. Thank you for your great advice! Much love for you Sister! xoxox

Marissa said:

You should try starting each morning with the sun salutation! It starts your day really nice, and it wakes your whole body up. It definitely makes your day seem better. I started with variation A, the easier, and then moved onto variation B. I also attend weekly yoga classes. All I can tell you about that is wear loose, comfortable clothing. And make sure you like the instructor! My first instructor was only interested in flexibility and toning, I was more interested in the spiritual benefits. Needless to say, she didn't work out, haha. Good luck though!
Larra Juab
@larra-juab
11 years ago
76 posts

Wow, you gave me such fruitful information! Thank you so much :D Now I am really excited in attending my first session. Thank you so much again and much love! xoxox

Wind Horsley said:

Hi Larra,

I'm a certified yoga teacher and I can say that I'm glad you found a studio. Sometimes Gym yoga can miss the mark on a true yoga experience. You will just want to wear loose comfortable clothing. Yoga is done barefoot and many studios have a cubby to place shoes in so slide on shoes or flip flops are great to get them off quickly. If you don't have a sticky mat, you may want to call the studio ahead of time to see if they offer them there or if you will need to purchase one of your own. All other props should be provided. Once you've been to the studio a couple of times you will have a better sense on the asanas (poses) and will be better able to gauge your flow in a sun salutation. Breath work is an important part of yoga so as you begin to be more familiar with the different poses, do try to inhale and exhale when the teacher prompts you. Soon, it will all be like second nature and you will feel more relaxation than when you are starting out learning everything. Try not to stress and remember that you are learning everything, it's not about being perfect on your first day. Don't hesitate to approach your instructors, instructors became instructors because they have a true passion for what they do and will always help out!

noe albor
@noe-albor
11 years ago
5 posts
I'm also planning to join a yoga class when I find a place that's not too far from me, so I'm glad that I stumbled upon this tread. Please keep posting on your progress if you can, as it would be of much interest and help to me. In the mean time I'm trying to eat healthier and use only natural products to detox my body, it might take some time and patience on my part, buy I think it's all worth the effort.
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form