Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

dying my dreads with a permenant hair colour

mummy-lou
@mummy-lou
11 years ago
8 posts

hello again :) i just have a quick question...

i have now been dreading my hair for 2 months as ofthe 10th of this month (intitial t'nr, but haven't mucked about with it except to seperate and wash and its been running wild ever since.) Anyways, i would really like to colour my hair (no bleaching) and i was wondering whether or not it was too soon. the last thing i want is to undo all my hairs hard work (and my patience!!!) :D any thoughts, help or advice would be great. Thanx :)

updated by @mummy-lou: 01/13/15 09:52:02PM
Laura Earle
@laura-earle
11 years ago
233 posts

Honestly...don't risk it. Hair dye is awesome, but it's not very nice to dreads. At all. I lost about two months of progress in an unfortunate incident with a box of (ammonia-free!) dye last year. :(

the Barrellady
@the-barrellady
11 years ago
1,302 posts

When using hair dye, some now come with built in conditioners, and some you must use a separate tube of it and repeat in a week. The conditioners for hair color is very conditioning, it might just loosen your knotting process thus far. You don't want to keep your hair all natural? The color I mean? If not, there is a group on here for people who dye their dreads : http://www.dreadlockssite.com/group/dyeddreadheads

Peace

Lauren Maxwell
@lauren-maxwell
10 years ago
19 posts

Hello,

When I got dreadlocks about 4 months ago my hair was already colored and highlight. I have since been going to have touch ups every 6 weeks to cover the grey roots lol. Anyway I have them professionally done at colorific hair salon here in Illinois. I have not had any problems, I am african american and my stylist is caucasian. She has been doing my hair for 3 years and I trust her completely. The good thing is if you going freeform it can be washed (it will loosen some) and just go.

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form