Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

A question before I start my journey correctly

Brittany Hayth
@brittany-hayth
11 years ago
2 posts

Hello everyone. So at the end of Feb I got my hair dreaded. The girl that did it used the twisting method with gel and beeswax. I waxed and re-twisted them once a week. They felt so gross and greasy and I couldn't stand it any longer. I just finished combing them out two days ago. Do you guys think I should let my scalp and hair repair itself before starting to let it dread naturally this time?

updated by @brittany-hayth: 01/13/15 09:51:47PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

no u can let it go now but ..who in thier right minds would recomend rwisting and wax for that hair

twisting only works in 1 type hair..not yours.anfd wax never works

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Kelsey Cliche!
@kelsey-cliche
11 years ago
122 posts
I say go for it. Just leave it alone other than washing/separating. If your scalp is irritated & your hair is potentially damaged, that will be the best for it anyway.
the Barrellady
@the-barrellady
11 years ago
1,302 posts

Wow Brittany, those curls will dreads beautifully free form. You certainly will not see instant dreads, they may take one year or more, but you will have clean, ungreasy, lightweight dreads! You don't need to use the twist & rip method again, which by the way does not require any gel or wax...yours will dread naturally with those curls. Using the twist & rip method is actually only the blueprints to where you want your dreads to be, they are not dreads at all...T&R will loosen up, some actually falling out, and then they begin the journey. So you take one step forward doing T&R, because you have the sections already made, but then they take two steps back because they loosen and fall out.....so keep it natural, enjoy the crazy ride you will embark, know it will be messy for awhile, but the reward will be healthy, beautiful, happy dreads for life if you so choose.....Peace

Laura Earle
@laura-earle
11 years ago
233 posts

If you really want dreads again and feel like you have the patience and commitment, free-forming is the way to go. :) It's definitely less damaging than all the other methods out there, especially the method that was used on your hair before!

Brittany Hayth
@brittany-hayth
11 years ago
2 posts

You are all so wonderful and nice. Thank you for all the tips and advice. :)
-Love

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form