Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Need Advice

DaThrill Helton
@dathrill-helton
11 years ago
48 posts

Ok I just need some advice now so it's not a major problem later. My hair has made some awesome changes this past week :) my concern is a couple of strands that are starting to form and if they are maybe not thick enough. I like the look of the size but I don't want them to be too weak so could you all give me advise on this please. I provided a picture and I hope its ok and you can see what I'm seeing. As far as an estimated measurement, I would say the smallest one in the pic is the same size as a number 2 pencil??? Will these be ok or do i need to do something to make em thicker?

updated by @dathrill-helton: 01/13/15 09:51:42PM
the Barrellady
@the-barrellady
11 years ago
1,302 posts

You are about 2 months into your journey I believe and will see many changes. The thickness of your sections now will not be the same size once they are mature. They will slowly shrink up in size and become the same size as where the section meets the scalp, So a pencil thin dread now may have a scalp area the size of 1 inch, if so, the mature dread will be 1 inch.

Dreads look awesome all different sizes!....Peace

Laura Earle
@laura-earle
11 years ago
233 posts

Chillax man. Chances are the dread in question will thicken up on its own over the next few months. :)

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

90% of mine are as thin as a pencil 1 is as thyick as the letter l on your screen antd thats 3 extremely thin congoed

and thats 5 feet long

if they are healthy even the thinnest should be plenty strong

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form