Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Thin root, thicker dread. should I worry?

Hannah Wilson
@hannah-wilson
11 years ago
10 posts

My dreads are about 3 months, and I noticed one of my denser, thicker dreads has a thin root. I can't figure out why, because I don't do anything to them but separate. Should I worry about it? is it going to fall out or something? Or will the root thicken up?

updated by @hannah-wilson: 01/13/15 09:51:37PM
Bob Ngarly
@bob-ngarly
11 years ago
161 posts

Ive got the same thing going on with one of my dreads. It is also one of mine that is denser or further along than all the rest. Let me know what you find out. These guys are fairly smart. I think itll be fine if its just doing it on its own. I bet over time the root will thicken up. But im at 3mo too. I dont know for sure. lol

pura vida

vive libre.

Amanda12
@amanda12
11 years ago
46 posts

Most likely you have shed hairs and they've tangled up and scrunched up and is now shorter as a result, am I right? Well, up at the roots its not as(or at all) tangled so it appears thinner. It you palm roll or twist a lot or you wear up tight that could be a problem too. Most likely though, because you use this site and everyone seems anti palm rolling, its the first one. I hope I helped :)

the Barrellady
@the-barrellady
11 years ago
1,302 posts

You are only 3 months into your journey, you have a way to go still. Those sections will slowly shrink, do looping and all sorts of shapes, when this happens, the dreads get fatter, turning into maturity. When mature, you will have about 1 inch of undreaded hair at the roots. They need to be loose or it will cause stress and pull out hairs, so don't worry about the looseness. Don't let anyone try and tell you that they need to be tightened, that is damaging to dreads. They are thinner at the roots right now because the hair is undreaded up there. Everything is going fine for you, no worries....You can just enjoy the ride.....Peace

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

roots will always seem thinner cause u can sqyueeze them flat they have no denity at all so pinching them u can flatten them to 1 hairs width about

i think they just seem thinner but actualy are fine

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form