Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

growing dreads in a hat or a bandana???????????

Odin
@odin
14 years ago
15 posts
hello people.I've been having this thought lately about letting my dreads grow in a hat or a bandana i know its good for locking your hair up but i am talking about keeping it on 24/7 for 3-6 months and just take it off when washing and drying my dreads,does it sound like a good idea?the main reason why i want to do this is because i think that my hair is a little short and i have a habit to constantly worrying about how long its geown so its just basicly just to break the habbit and let my new grow lock better.ThanksOdin
updated by @odin: 01/13/15 08:30:20PM
Jodie Hyland
@jodie-hyland
14 years ago
23 posts
i wear a scarf over the top of my head and a knot tied at the back underneath and i have to say the dreads (especially at the roots) at the bottom where the knot of the scarf is have been forming a lot faster than anywhere else. the same has happened with the ones that lay under the scarf at the top too but not as good as where the knot is at the back.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
there was a youtube vid (find thread titled "how to prevent this) dude wore a wool hat all the time, his dreads ..or well..dread..singular formed in the shape of the hat...he was so proud of it too..but it looked horrible..i hate sayin any dreads look horribloe but that 1 did..1 mass wit a few dreadlike lumps on the end...2 things help dreads..compression in a hhat..and free movement..so i recomend yiu try leaving em hang free as much as u bind em up in a hat

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Jodie Hyland
@jodie-hyland
14 years ago
23 posts
yea i saw that youtube vid it looked really weird.. not in a good way :S
RasDanuel
@rasdanuel
14 years ago
7 posts
InI were I loc wraped up as often as i were dem down or ina bun, well maybe a bit more ina wrap becaues InI cook ina organic kitchen......but, I do agree wit dem ouder brodren, if you dont let dem down and always were dem in a hat, wrap, bennie, ext....yer loc will take da shade of were its at all da time, so let dem down and shake em all around!!! hahah!!yesIa, many blessings and good luck wit yer decition.....Haile Selassie I
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
knew an aussie sister named kaya the tie-diya (maybe spelled wrong)kaya always..and i mean always had er dreads wrapped in a tiedye cloth round the basses with the ends popping out top..result was ball dreads on the ends and everything in te wrap was eiter undreaded..or 1 massive knot

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Jessica
@jessica
14 years ago
70 posts
You probably don't want to smother them. But wearing a hat out especially during winter is great. I notice that if i wear my hair up all day or if i wear a hat all day and then take it off later on my hair is so matted together and some of the dreads actually dreaded together more, so it is nice but i definitely wouldn't recommend it all the time for months. Also when i wear a hat around the apartment or something i will sometimes rub it against my scalp i think it helps with the lose hairs and it also itches your head and feels great haha
Dylan W
@dylan-w
13 years ago
7 posts
hey whats up!!! u were talking to a completely different person but i just wanted to say that i thought the kid with the "one dreadlock hat hair" was in my top 3 fav dread videos. and i thought it was especially cool how proud he was of it. but anyways carry on!

soaringeagle said:
there was a youtube vid (find thread titled "how to prevent this) dude wore a wool hat all the time, his dreads ..or well..dread..singular formed in the shape of the hat...he was so proud of it too..but it looked horrible..i hate sayin any dreads look horribloe but that 1 did..1 mass wit a few dreadlike lumps on the end...2 things help dreads..compression in a hhat..and free movement..so i recomend yiu try leaving em hang free as much as u bind em up in a hat
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form