Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

tnr done wrong ?

christina bird
@c-bird
11 years ago
54 posts

hey :) so i tnrd my hair a week ago, and by now most of them have this weird flat shape where the outer hair's kinda bulging outwards n i havent seen this in any of the tnr timelines i looked at..

please lemme know if i've done it wrong or something ?

theres a picture attached

updated by @c-bird: 01/13/15 09:51:04PM
DreadBruja
@dreadbruja
11 years ago
44 posts

Actually, several of mine did that in the beginning, not to worry, love! Take a look at my pics to see what they're up to now! They change so much while maturing! Just keep em clean, don't use nasty product, and they'll dread up just fine :)

The Hippie Circle
@the-hippie-circle
11 years ago
34 posts
Oooooooh girrrl! That is just the beginning. My hair is loopy and crazy right now. Every day brings something new with these babies. I barely recognize myself sometimes!
the Barrellady
@the-barrellady
11 years ago
1,302 posts

Okay, so you did the twist & rip, so did I. That method is not dreads at all, but he placement of sections where you want your dreads to be. The process of mature dreads is 1-2 years. Here are the changes to expect: The sections you made will loosen, or maybe even fall out. They will start to form all crazy shapes, looping, zig zagging, shrinking, fattening up, pieces sticking out, frizz will happen to you shortly. It is doing what it should do. The weird shape you are worried about is the hair moving around to do its thing.

The dread APPEARANCE you made with the method only lasts for a short few days, and then they go on their journey! That is what your hair is doing now. You have done nothing wrong. With T&R, just make sure all the sections you made are 1" or less in diameter, due to drying times, fatter than that they can take 2 days or so to dry once mature.

You have begun your journey now, all you have to do is keep them clean, sit back, and let them do their thing. There is no worries, just sit back and enjoy the funky, crazy, wild ride and you will be rewarded with a head full of beautiful dreads. I won't lie, some days you will need patience and on those days just put on a tam to cover your hair, the next day is a new day!......Peace

christina bird
@c-bird
11 years ago
54 posts

u people are so supportive and sweet :) thanks so much ! lots of love to y'all :)

DreadBruja
@dreadbruja
11 years ago
44 posts

that's what we're here for darlin! Soaring Eagle fixes dreads, and we encourage our fellow dreadies! Feel free to ask anything, no matter how silly you think it is, someone here will always have an answer and NOONE here will make you feel bad about asking! ;)

christina bird
@c-bird
11 years ago
54 posts

hehe yes :) n its great to see all of ur hair turning out so lovely :)

DreadBruja
@dreadbruja
11 years ago
44 posts

That's my favorite part, seeing everyone's journeys!We all work toward the same thing yet turn out so different, it's truly magnificent!! stick with it, mama, you're on your way and they're gonna be beautiful!! :)

GoldenEagle
@goldeneagle
11 years ago
393 posts

Although I wouldn't limit size of sectioning due to individual preferences that are well personal. (IE: some people may want three huge dreadlocks and make three sections with all their hair or some people may want at least a hundred dreadlocks)

I'll second what Barrellady said in her post.

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form