Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Oil questions

DaThrill Helton
@dathrill-helton
11 years ago
48 posts
I finally found some tea tree oil. it is pharmaceutical grade but 100 percent pure australian is this ok??? Also can i just add it to my bs mix and how much should i add.? One more question about the lavender or rosemary. is that the same as the fragrance oil u can find by candles or is it something else? How much should i add of that as well. as always thank you for ur help
updated by @dathrill-helton: 01/13/15 09:51:02PM
the Barrellady
@the-barrellady
11 years ago
1,302 posts

Here is a link posted by Soaring Eagle for essential oils that will answer all you questions: http://www.dreadlockssite.com/forum/topics/essential-oils-for-dreads-and-scalp-health?page=8&commentId=3754945%3AComment%3A1628009&x=1#3754945Comment1628009

Fragrance oils are not the same as essential oils, only use the 100% essential oils on you hair / dreads, and the tea tree oil you have is fine, it is the same as mine.

I mix drops of the oils with water in a spray bottle to mist my hair for the lovely smells.....Peace

DreadfulAmenita
@taby
11 years ago
80 posts

I put a few drops of tea tree oil in with my bs wash. After the acv wash, I put a few drops of rosemary oil in a really cold cup of water and that's my last rinse. (I don't rinse it out.) I don't know if anyone else does that, but it seems to help with my dandruff, smells good, and makes my hair just a bit softer. Good luck!

Ojas Acharya
@ojas-acharya
11 years ago
172 posts

hi.. u can use essential oils either in ur bs mix or even as a final rinse.. i used to mix them with bs but now i have just add a few drops of them to a bucket of water and use it as a final rinse.. i dont rinse them out. its all fine u can just leave them.

make sure that the oils that u buy are pure oils and are alcohol free.. u can put upto 10 drops of tea tree oil, upto 20 drops of rosemary and lavender.. i would still suggest u to start off with lesser drops and see how it works and how ur scalp and hair react to it gradually increasing the amount...

goodluck brother

DaThrill Helton
@dathrill-helton
11 years ago
48 posts
Thanks everyone
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form