Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Dr. Bronners Liquid shampoo. How to wash with this shampoo?

jokubas bauza
@jokubas-bauza
11 years ago
26 posts

Okey, so i bought bronners liquid levander shampoo, but idk how to use it. I should put in in bucket of water ant pour it on head, or use it like all shampoos?? I read somehwere i need to put it to a bucket or anywhere else, put my head in that water with shampoo, wash it, leave it for few mins and rinse...same as acv/baking soda method?

updated by @jokubas-bauza: 01/13/15 09:50:58PM
Koko Earthling
@koko-earthling
11 years ago
0 posts

I'm not sure which method is best. I personally use baking soda most of the time, and use Dr. Bronners every other week or so. I don't recommend using it too often if your locks are young, because I've noticed it loosens them a bit, probably because of the high content of oils. When I do, I use 2 or 3 squirts of Dr. B's in 1/4-1/2 gallon of water. I pour it on my hair and then rub it in a little bit, let it stay a minute or five, and then rinse it out. Works for me :)

jokubas bauza
@jokubas-bauza
11 years ago
26 posts

Whell, i bought brooners becaus from bc/acv i got alot of dandruffs. Also, my dreads are month old too, and they are loosen so much..so many losen hairs..woow...so i don't have what to lose by washing only with brooners i think...

Larra Juab
@larra-juab
11 years ago
76 posts

I've always thought that Dr. Bronners shampoo are used just like normal shampoos :\

Ojas Acharya
@ojas-acharya
11 years ago
172 posts

hi.... well if u are doing bs/acv then u need not scrub at all becos it is a no touch method.. however if u are using bronners or any shampoo for that u need to scrub.. take some shampoo on ur hand apply only on ur scalp and scrub gently either with ur flat palm or using ur fingers.. u dont need to scrub it all the way down ur hair, the shampoo will flow down slowly thereby cleaning the remaining part of ur locks on ur own.. and rinse very well after that.. good luck ..

jokubas bauza
@jokubas-bauza
11 years ago
26 posts

This sound intresting..so you dont wash your head, but you spray that on your hair often, and it removes dandruff's and oil from heir....?

Also, using bc/acv without rubbing would be totaly useless for me...i rub little bit my head when i use bc and i still have dandruff''s...if i wouldn't rub my head would probably look like old man with white hairs..

Katie Kate said:

I make my own mix and put it into a spray bottle. I use this 2-3 times a week and have been since the very beginning of my dreading journey. I never found that it made any locks loosen. I only do the baking soda and acv soak 2-3 times a month.

1/4 Cup Water
3/4 Cup Doctor Bronner's
4 teaspoons of Apple Cider Vinegar
6 Drops Tea Tree Oil
6 Drops Lavender Oil
6 Drops Rosamary Oil

Some people add a teaspoon or so of glycerin too. I've never done that.

Good luck!
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form