Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

INTRODUCTION TIIIIIIIIIIIIME!

DreadBruja
@dreadbruja
11 years ago
44 posts

I feel silly doing this, like my 1st day at a new school or somethin, lol, but f**k it, Imma do it anyway! HI ERRYBODY!! I'm Tina! I'm 32, and currently residing in Austin, happily married to husband, my longboards, and my dreadz. I'm only about 8 months in this time (this is my 2nd go at it), and I adore them! They're ever-changing, doing all kinds of fun twists and zigzags, bumps, and loops, I cannot WAIT until they're all grown up and long! However, I did make the fatal mistake of using wax in the 1st month....I know, I know, I should be slapped for it. I'm sorry. i listened to other people instead of following my gut and NOT putting that shit in my precious babies and believe me, I'm suffering for it. Soaring Eagle directed me on where to look to find the wax remover and I will be purchasing some the very second I get paid to start my treatment!! I WILL SAVE MY BABIES!! They're harder than they should be, and the wax and all crap that it has accumulated is started to seep out to the surface a bit. It freaked me out, I thought it was mildew but there was no smell....I thought that was odd, as I'm pretty good about drying them well! I cruise around for a while on my board dry them after a wash. After a good skate, they're usually almost completely dry :) Anyhoo, I will be posting pix (before and after wax removal treatment) Happy to be a part of the community, I've been doing all my research here months, and finally joined yesterday so I could talk to Soaring Eagle and all of you! Hope everyone is having an amazing life, as life is truly amazing! CHEERS!

updated by @dreadbruja: 01/13/15 09:50:44PM
JavaLizard
@javalizard
11 years ago
89 posts

Hi and welcome! My family is all in Austin, I left them there years ago. I am so jealous of you though with the hot sauce festival coming up! My uncles booth is the best Aztec suace, they have won a ton. Keep Austin Weird!

DreadBruja
@dreadbruja
11 years ago
44 posts

thanks, my friend!!!!

Princess Kay
@princess-kay
11 years ago
47 posts

welcome to the site! And good luck removing the wax... keep informing us how it goes!

DreadBruja
@dreadbruja
11 years ago
44 posts

Thank you so much, princess!! I most certainly will keep yall posted! it's a learning experience for sure, and I hope my experience will help others :)

Princess Kay said:

welcome to the site! And good luck removing the wax... keep informing us how it goes!

Princess Kay
@princess-kay
11 years ago
47 posts

of course! the pitty is that many ppl dont search for info before doing the wax... impatients are not good friends with dreads!

At least, people who find themselfs in your same situation can know what to expect.

But i guess the process of removing wax will be different for diferent kind of hair, etc...

the Barrellady
@the-barrellady
11 years ago
1,302 posts

Welcome and thanks for the introductions of yourself. You know, it is always better late than never when it comes to removing the wax. I wrote to your other post, but just wanted to say again that it is great you will be making a post on your wax removal to help others on here. That is what this site is all about !!! We help each other.......Peace

DreadBruja
@dreadbruja
11 years ago
44 posts

Thanx again lady! I posted a few pics of what's goin on with them so far, the day I start the treatment, I 'll start posting pics of before, during, and after. Hopefully, enough people will get it out there that wax is evil, and those companies will start losing money!

the Barrellady said:

Welcome and thanks for the introductions of yourself. You know, it is always better late than never when it comes to removing the wax. I wrote to your other post, but just wanted to say again that it is great you will be making a post on your wax removal to help others on here. That is what this site is all about !!! We help each other.......Peace

SquidFase
@squidfase
11 years ago
24 posts

Hey there. Welcome around! I live in Texas as well. ;P

DreadBruja
@dreadbruja
11 years ago
44 posts

Thanks so much, Void! YAY! Another Texan! Whereabouts do you live?

Void Of Insanity said:

Hey there. Welcome around! I live in Texas as well. ;P

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form