dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

ESSENTIAL OIL QUESTION

Ojas Acharya
@ojas-acharya
11 years ago
172 posts

HELLO EVERYBODY :)

I have been wondering if i can spray the essential oils on my scalp n hair n let them be.. maybe for a few hours or overnight..?

and is product build a cause of mold..? and will lavender oil help in dealing with it? and if not then what?

updated by @ojas-acharya: 01/13/15 09:50:43PM
Anyas Forest Child
@anyas-forest-child
11 years ago
3 posts
Great question, i'm asking the same thing :)
Diego F.
@diego-f
11 years ago
73 posts

i think that you don't need to wash it out.

i used essential oils for a long time... after washing my hair i rinsed with a mix of water and essential oil drops and let it on my hair until it dried out naturally.

I never had problem with buildup.

Ojas Acharya
@ojas-acharya
11 years ago
172 posts

thats great.. so u didnt use to wash away the essential oils right? well even i havent had any mold issues yet and my hair doesnt smell . but i just wanna know when do u know that u got mold..? and how to tackle it? what are the causes of mold? i know 1 of them is when moisture sets in due to inappropriate drying.. but are there any other causes too..?

DreadBruja
@dreadbruja
11 years ago
44 posts

some oils will go sour, so not all are good for your hair. I put lavender in my bs/acv rinse to keep em smellin purdy! No, dampness is the cause of mold. Lavender oil won't help with that at all. I've heard some people say they used Listerine to get rid of mold in their dreads, though! Also, tea tree oil and rosemary oil are great for your scalp! Applied directly onto my scalp, it tends to worsen my scalp's condition, but adding it to my rinses works perfectly for me! hope this helps!

Ojas Acharya
@ojas-acharya
11 years ago
172 posts

aah i see.. thanx a lot. i wash my hair every alternate day so i hope they dry out completely. and yea u cannot use essential oils directly , they burn ur scalp.. its best when diluted with base oil or water..

well whats listerine?

Ojas Acharya
@ojas-acharya
11 years ago
172 posts

wow i had never felt better than this.. i washed my hair with bs/acv again but i used to mix essential oils only in my bs mix.. for the first time i did a final rinse with water mixed with 4 drops of rosemary and lavender oils each.. feels so soothing and uplifting..!!

im gonna continue this everytime.. hair feels so soft n smells so wonderfull..!!

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form