Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Any regular shampoo users?

Reggae lover
@reggae-lover
11 years ago
9 posts

I stated my neglect method 2 months ago and my hair is dreading beautifully.My hair stated looping within the first 2 weeks and I'm starting to see rope like locks. I've only used regular "VO5" shampoo from thebeginning. Is this bad? I don't know much about the affects of shampoo leaving back residues. Can someone enlighten me?

updated by @reggae-lover: 01/13/15 09:50:38PM
Heather
@heather
11 years ago
1,291 posts

i used regular shampoo exclusively for well over the first year of dreading. having really hard water made it impossible to use bs/acv, dr. bronners, etc that other dreadheads were using. in reality almost anything we use to wash our hair will leave some sort of residue. the trick is to find something with the least amount of ingredients and no conditioners or silicones. also make sure you rinse the shampoo out really well. if you tell me which vo5 shampoo your using than i can look up the ingredients. i would suggest getting a natural shampoo instead of vo5. natures gate, kiss my face, and bentley organics makes some nice ones. better yet, order the locking up liquid shampoo from dreadlockshampoo.com. great stuff. i personally use the shampoo bars and will never go back to store bought shampoo.

Pete
@pete
11 years ago
67 posts

I used also normal shamppoo in the beginning.

Now i'm using Dreadlockshampoo.com stuff, and i love dem. (I strongly recommend)

Jah bless

Reggae lover
@reggae-lover
11 years ago
9 posts

great, thanks guys. I'm actually using the kiwi lime squeeze right now. I just like how easy and cheap it is. And it smells great. I'm most likely going to switch over to dreadlockshampoo stuff within the next few month. THANKS!

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form