Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums
Brianna Elizabeth
@brianna-elizabeth
11 years ago
19 posts

stop tnr'ing your hair keeps undoing it because not all hair can hold the artificial knotts in, all my back combed dreads fell out too so i know what your feeling lol. your gonna want to leave them alone 100% if you want nice dreads neglect is probably the only way your hair will dread, and thats the BEST way. anything to "start" dreads isnt needed. ALL hair dreads on its own the only thing you need to do is wash and seperate your hair will actually section itself no matter what you do. hope I helped a little(:

Ixchel
@ixchel
11 years ago
597 posts

tnr is just a starting method. do it once & leave it be. if they come undone let them go, throw some beads or wraps on them if you are fretting too much about it. if you keep doing tnr all you are doing is undoing anything that has happened but isn't noticeable. you are setting yourself back to day one.

if it feels like residue is being left in your hair from the bs/acv you may have hard water. you can boil your water, get a hard water filter for your shower head or use distilled water to wash. if you don't want to have to deal with that get some shampoo from dreadlockshampoo.com it works great in hard water. if your hair seems greasy use less acv or none at all for a little bit, then add very little back into your wash routine.

are you able to wear a headwrap or tam for school or work? no matter what method they are going to be messy looking for a while. you may need to just let them be until your hair gets longer. give it plenty of time.

Olivia Sadowski said:

Thank you for your fast reply. I agree with you and I would go neglect, but the problem is I can't do that because of my school and work. I have to keep them in shape (sort of) and if I'd stop doing that I'd have dreads everywhere BUT at the back of my head... And that would look pretty silly. I would neglect them though, but only after they got long enough not to undo themselves because I have pretty short hair at the moment...

However my biggest problem is not the undoing part, but the washing... :(

Brianna Elizabeth said:

stop tnr'ing your hair keeps undoing it because not all hair can hold the artificial knotts in, all my back combed dreads fell out too so i know what your feeling lol. your gonna want to leave them alone 100% if you want nice dreads neglect is probably the only way your hair will dread, and thats the BEST way. anything to "start" dreads isnt needed. ALL hair dreads on its own the only thing you need to do is wash and seperate your hair will actually section itself no matter what you do. hope I helped a little(:

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form