Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

A strange worry

Sunflower
@sunflower
11 years ago
95 posts

I'm now coming up to 4 months of free forming, and am loving every moment, every knot/loop and crazy lock I find! My strange worry is when they will become mature - say 2/3 years old, will the new grown hair also loop and go crazy or will it be straight and well "normal" looking? I love the loop look, so for anyone who has mature free formed locks, let me know if they stay wild :D If not, well I will be a little sad to be honest haha

the photos are my current two favorite ones :)

one more thing, does anyone else name their locks? the more crazy one I named looper :P want to make sure I'm not the only one!

updated by @sunflower: 01/13/15 09:50:34PM
Ixchel
@ixchel
11 years ago
597 posts

mine aren't anywhere near maturity so i can't help you on that, but i do hope the keep some of the fun funkiness & loops, because i love it & will miss it so! I've actually thought that if i get bored with them & they are too straight I'd brush them out just to experience the fun messy looping again...despite my journey being so slow & long (yes, slightly crazy :P). but maybe i'll become too attached & love them just how they are even without the looping, we'll see.

those are two great loops! they look fun ;) i haven't named any of mine yet (a lot of people do tho!), but many of them still are gaining personality, i'm sure a few of my favorites will get a name sooner or later, it's not crazy at all just fun!

Keagan R Walker
@keagan-r-walker
11 years ago
23 posts
I think as long as there are loose roots,(which free formed locks usually do have unless you do some extra twisting or rubbing yourself) hair will continue to form all sorts of crazy designs.
Heather
@heather
11 years ago
1,291 posts

i'm at 2 1/2 years now and most of the craziness has stopped. i do find myself missing the beginning stages. as for the new growth, I've noticed that a lot of it is remaining loose which i kind of like. I'm sure the longer it gets the more likely it is to dread up but for now I'm embracing the wisps of softness :)

KnotLady
@knotlady
11 years ago
300 posts

im about 9 months in. i did tnr but most of it fell out. and i have discovered sections of new hair that are straight for now, but from what i observe so far, it does knot up and loop up. you just get new hair in between the sections and adds volume and new dreads! very cool

KnotLady
@knotlady
11 years ago
300 posts

i like some loose hair too. makes it look nice and natural. i was kinda worrying about losing some of that loose hair and then deduced that with hair constantly growing it would be hard not to have any of it. i hope most of my ends stay wispy

Heather said:

i'm at 2 1/2 years now and most of the craziness has stopped. i do find myself missing the beginning stages. as for the new growth, I've noticed that a lot of it is remaining loose which i kind of like. I'm sure the longer it gets the more likely it is to dread up but for now I'm embracing the wisps of softness :)

Sunflower
@sunflower
11 years ago
95 posts

Ouh damn! Well Ixchel, I was actually thinking the same thing, that if they stop being super crazy that I will brush them out and have the loops again :) but yeah we will see :P it's a shame they dont keep growing crazy as maturing..

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form