Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

dreadlock accelerator

christina bird
@c-bird
11 years ago
54 posts

so i came across this, and i wanna know if its alright to do??

Dreadlock Accelerator:

1) 1 part aloe pure gel

2) 1 tbsp lemon juice

3) 3 parts water

Mix all ingredients into a spray bottle, and spray liberally on locks.

updated by @c-bird: 01/13/15 09:50:32PM
Tim5
@tim5
11 years ago
359 posts

You should never put lemon juice on your hair. The acid will destroy the hair. I don't see how aloe could accelerate dreads, considering it is very conditioning.

Sea salt is usually the ingredient for dread accelerators.

peace

christina bird
@c-bird
11 years ago
54 posts

ah thats what i ws wondering about aloe.. okay thanks :) have a nice day :)

Tim said:

You should never put lemon juice on your hair. The acid will destroy the hair. I don't see how aloe could accelerate dreads, considering it is very conditioning.

Sea salt is usually the ingredient for dread accelerators.

peace

Laura Earle
@laura-earle
11 years ago
233 posts

Try making some sea salt spray and see how that works! It's recommended that your spray be 3.5 percent sea salt, I think? Mine has been doing wonders for my hair in terms of knotting.

Ojas Acharya
@ojas-acharya
11 years ago
172 posts

as far as i know.. aloe wont help in accelerating at all.. it conditions ur hair. if u feel like u need some conditioning done to ur locks u may well use it. but i wont even recommend it for really young locks. probably u should wait till ur locks get a bit mature.

lemon juice is citric acid.. it may weaken ur hair too much. so just dont use it.

u can make an accelerator at home.. use normal sea- salt (uniodized) with water. the ratio i think is 3.5% as laura said.. or u can even go to a beach n have a dip, play around for sometime, have fun and then go home and wash it off. dont let the sea salt stay in for too long or else it will dry ur hair n scalp too much.

i havent bought the sea salt spray in the shop here on the site.. but u could try that out, plenty of good reviews about it.. peace :)

christina bird
@c-bird
11 years ago
54 posts

okay :) thanks laura and ojas :) love to y'all !

jesse demato
@jesse-demato
11 years ago
23 posts
I've purchased the pink sea salt spray from the site. don't purchase that if you don't like separating lol. just kidding, your hairs gonna dread crazy fast..I used it everyday never rinsed out out, never had a problem with itchy or anything. after a couple weeks my hair started tangling like crazy. it was kind of rat nesty but I ripped what I had to and threw in some wooden beads I made. I ran out but about a month and a half later I'm noticing some great progress back there. now im not rich and it was a little pricey. I'm going to be going to the store and buy the ingredient list see how much I can make and see what it would cost me. but either way it truly is a dread accelerator.
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form