Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Any other crazy dread methods out there?

Tristan robertson
@tristan-robertson
11 years ago
15 posts
Recently I was messing around in my moms kitchen and I found this strange thing that was plugged in. I have a baby brother and I thought what was in my kitchen was a forehead thermometer for very young kids. So I wanted to see my temp, I turned it on and it made this cool buzzing sound didn't think it was to weird(lookin back it does seem weird now).. I put it up to my head and the next thing I have this strange thing stuck to my head and my hair is in a big knot I take out this devil machine and ask my mom why it did it to me and then she told me it was a nail filer.. And I had a huge knot in my hair. I cut it out not sure why but I did.... The point of this was to share my story and not just put anything to your head and a question. What are some of the craziest methods you guy have heard of to start dreads
updated by @tristan-robertson: 01/13/15 09:50:29PM
the Barrellady
@the-barrellady
11 years ago
1,302 posts

Saw a video on You Tube that someone on this site recommended. For African American hair, there is this large sponge that looks like a peanut sponge you would wash your car with it. Well this sponge has tiny holes all over it and it gets rubbed and rubbed all over the head and turns the hair into little coils. I thought that when the guys head was done, he looked like one of the Play Dough toys where you squeeze the dough out and it produces hair on this plastic head. Tiny mini sausages all over his head, looked weird to me and left scalp gaps all over his head. It really strange to see how it was done.

Mons
@mons
11 years ago
518 posts
There's another video here somewhere of this insane sewing machine/motorized crochet hook dreader thing thing. Watching that was the first time I'd heard of crochet dreads, it was the oddest thing ever.I've seen that sponge thing too. That poor kid that was the subject of that torture! I felt to bad for him lol he had the patience of a saint tho, being taped while having his over boisterous mother scrubbing the shit out of his scalp with a hard sponge thing. All for the sake of instant dreads.
the Barrellady
@the-barrellady
11 years ago
1,302 posts

Here is a photo of the sponge, this was from You Tube

updated by @the-barrellady: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
Kimbo
@kimbo
11 years ago
2 posts

Whoa! That is crazy!

n00dles
@n00dles
11 years ago
20 posts

where i live some of wrong informed people think dreads are made from palm rolling with sugar/honey/beer.i am sure somebody actually did it:D

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

the reciprocating rotating multi headed dredlocking machine

it can be used for other things too but it rotates ariubf the hair firing thousands of lil crochet hooks through the dread tearing it to shreads\

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Laura Earle
@laura-earle
11 years ago
233 posts

Yeah, someone who was giving me s#$% about my hair at work the other day (happens on a regular basis) recommended "the honey method" to me because my dreads-to-be didn't look right to him. I was like "...the WHAT? I don't want ants in my hair?" I still don't know what it is, haha.

n00dles said:

where i live some of wrong informed people think dreads are made from palm rolling with sugar/honey/beer.i am sure somebody actually did it:D

n00dles
@n00dles
11 years ago
20 posts

craaaazy people lol ants and imagine that deadly poor pillow:D

Laura Earle said:

Yeah, someone who was giving me s#$% about my hair at work the other day (happens on a regular basis) recommended "the honey method" to me because my dreads-to-be didn't look right to him. I was like "...the WHAT? I don't want ants in my hair?" I still don't know what it is, haha.

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form