Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Youtube Video (BS/Vinegar Wash soak) caused bad reaction Please Help

Brown Skin Queen
@brown-skin-queen
11 years ago
15 posts

Hello Everyone and thank you for taking the time to read this..

My husband's hair now has these white hardand gunky patches in his lovely black locs.. They were perfect before but I seen a deep cleanse every 6 months will keep them extremely clean so I did it before I redid them. I feel horrible and I'm truely sorry for what I did to him.. He isn't mad but he wants me to find a way to fix it or just dye it.. He is an African American man with dreads to the middle of his back.. The white patches go away when wet but when dry it comes back.., I can't pick them out with tweezers either.. Please Help me.. I did what the video said like the girl did but why did his hair get opposite results? Thank you kindly for your help.. I truely appreciate it..

B.S.Q

updated by @brown-skin-queen: 02/14/15 05:45:50PM
NaturalDreads01
@naturaldreads01
11 years ago
170 posts

do you do any type ofmaintenancewith his dreadlocks?

Brown Skin Queen
@brown-skin-queen
11 years ago
15 posts

Yes before this incident We do the Loc Treatment a few days a week.. Liquid Oil Concealer.. Water then Growth Oil and Strawberry Shea butter.. It was too late to see that other people do the BS separately from the Vinegar... It bleached his hair color too.. Thank you Natural for responding..

Brown Skin Queen
@brown-skin-queen
11 years ago
15 posts

It has a reverse dalmation dog look to his hair.. I will never try something new again after I fix this.. :-(

NaturalDreads01
@naturaldreads01
11 years ago
170 posts

What is the Loc Treatment?

NaturalDreads01
@naturaldreads01
11 years ago
170 posts

oh, you put the BS and vinegar together? that is probably what went wrong then.

Brown Skin Queen
@brown-skin-queen
11 years ago
15 posts

Yes I need help reversing it please..

Ojas Acharya
@ojas-acharya
11 years ago
172 posts

well i guess i have seen the youtube video too.. mixing BS n ACV TOGETHER IS JUST NOT THE RIGHT THING..

creates too much heat and fizz and the BS n ACV even neutralize each other.. the best way to do the BS/ACV wash is to use it 1 after the other.. just go through the dread maintenance pages and BS DEEP CLEANSE METHOD for getting info about the proper ways and ratios of both ..

more over be sure if u have soft water.. becos hard water wont remove all the BS/ACV from the hair..

Call Tucker
@call-tucker
11 years ago
27 posts

I dont understand why it would cause white gunk to appear, even when they were used together. It sounds more like residue from a wax or shampoo or something put in the hair, that you just noticed after you got all the dirt out of the hair that was covering it up before.

NaturalDreads01
@naturaldreads01
11 years ago
170 posts

yeah.. Call Tucker has a point. Did you list all the things you do to maintain his dreadlocks?

/ 3

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form