Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Scalp help

DellDGM
@delldgm
11 years ago
7 posts
Hi everyone,I have 8 week old dreads, started twist n rip but they fell out and now just going natural. I have been using bs/acv wash and the just for dreads shampoo recommend here. I wash every 2-3 days or so. I tie them back loosely with a band just when I need to go out otherwise I try to leave it down and loose most of the time. My problem is my scalp is so itchy, it's been getting worse and worse and now it's full of scabs and sores and the itch is getting even worse.I have scoured the site for help, have tried the peppermint, tea tree, lavender and rosemary oils in rinses. I live in south Australia and its been hot here so have been throwing a bucket of cold water on them when it gets to bad but am worried with the cold wet winter coming that I won't be able to do this to often for fear of rot.Help any more suggestions, am I doing something wrong? I really love my dreads but might have to take them out if this itch doesn't stop.Thanks Dell
updated by @delldgm: 01/13/15 09:50:10PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

how were u micxing the bs/acv

try stoping that

use cold not hot wter

any alergies that u know of

jyst to be thorough have u checked for bugs

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

u have the liquid i assume did u get a bar sample try that

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
DellDGM
@delldgm
11 years ago
7 posts
I use cold water for the mixing the bs - 1 tablespoon per cup of water place in a squirt bottle and squirt onto my head over a bath tub, rinse with cold water then poor 1 tablespoon acv to 1 litre of water, let it run off over the tub, give a gentle squeeze, wrap towel to absorb as much water as possible, then outside in the sun till they are dry. they are fairly thin with average size of a pencil but still very loose , just starting to knot up at this point. wash and the rinse, have had a good check for bugs ( was my first thought with 5kids in the house lol). I'm not aware of any allergies, but I have had eczema problems in the past but not for ages now.When I got the lock shampoo sent I also got a bar sent too so will try that nextThanks
Tim5
@tim5
11 years ago
359 posts

I live in SA too, I had similar itchies a while ago, no sores though. I have been using the bar and liquid, I now have itchy free and dandruff free scalp. My itchies started after BS wash and ACV rinse, I dont know why.

I would use the bar for a while, it is excellent for scalp, a little more conditioning than the liquid, but will probably return you scalp to normal.

peace and blessings

Heather
@heather
11 years ago
1,291 posts

bs/acv caused me intense itching and ton of dandruff. switching to a ph balanced shampoo or using the dreadlock shampoo bars is the only thing that got rid of it for me.

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form