dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Still having dandruff problems! :c

Alphawolfe
@alphawolfe
11 years ago
10 posts

Hey everyone,

well,you see,i did have a bad dandruff problem when i first started dreading because i was using dreadHQ shampoo,well i stopped using that & now im using a baking soda/tea tree oil/ + vinegar/water rinse.

The dandruff is notprevalentor nearly asnoticeableas it used to be,but i do notice that i still have quite a bit under my dreads.

What should i do?

Also,ive never had any dandruff problems before i started dreading.

updated by @alphawolfe: 01/13/15 09:49:59PM
Cole Morton
@cole-morton
11 years ago
109 posts

How long have you been dreading? How long have you been using BS/ACV? What ratios are you using? I ask so many questions, because they can all be factors in why you are still seeing dandruff.

the Barrellady
@the-barrellady
11 years ago
1,302 posts

Yep, and how long are you keeping the baking soda wash on your scalp for?

the Barrellady
@the-barrellady
11 years ago
1,302 posts

Here is a link to look up essential oils to help you along the way....Peace

http://www.dreadlockssite.com/forum/topics/essential-oils-for-dreads-and-scalp-health

Doogie
@doogie
11 years ago
321 posts

IF you are still havig dandruff problems with the BS/ACV you could either be using to much BS, wrong water temp when washing and rinsing or you may have hard water! Try washing with warm water but on the cooler side and a cold to freezing cold rinse as your final rinse. IF you have hard water the BS won't work so you'll need to get a water filter for your shower which is about $20 at Lowe's if you're in the US. Other than that get something from www.dreadlockshampoo.com .

Heather
@heather
11 years ago
1,291 posts

i loved how bs/acv made my hair super clean but it wrecked my scalp. No matter what ratio i tried it just didn't work for me. the dreadlock shampoo bars are the only thing that has gotten rid of 99% of my dandruff.

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form