Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Oh my God !! my beard..!!

Ojas Acharya
@ojas-acharya
11 years ago
172 posts

HEY FRIENDS, I have my beard since the last 8 months i think.. and i had no intentions of forming beard dreads. but i never combed it and just washed it normally. recently i have seen some strange things happening. my beard is getting curled and twisted at the ends.. like its gonna get locked or somethin....!

inspite of all the pressure from my parents and family im just pushing through and say i'll be cutting it soon. i give them excuses like 'my trimmer charger has been lost.. barbers never shave well for me. im never satisfied with what they do' n stuff like that. basically i just dont want to cut it.. :P

its getting hot here where i live. its nearly 40 degree already.. thats the only hurdle for me.. can i try baking soda wash for my beard too.. and can i use essential oils on it? what do u guys say..?

updated by @ojas-acharya: 01/13/15 09:49:50PM
the Barrellady
@the-barrellady
11 years ago
1,302 posts

Absolutely you can wash with the BS. Give it a quick rinse with the ACV to balance the beards PH. You will love it if you use essential oils, you'll be smelling it all day long. Give Mom a kiss, she'll love the aromas too.

Peace

Ojas Acharya
@ojas-acharya
11 years ago
172 posts

greaat!! so im gonna do that bs/acv on my beard too! wow i have no clue how my parents are gonna react to this. :P hope they just get used to it like how they got used to my hair. my mom always loves the way my hair smells when i wash them. so yea i'll give her a kiss. maybe she wont mind the beard then :P

the Barrellady
@the-barrellady
11 years ago
1,302 posts

If I was a guy, I would soooo have a dread beard. They are beautiful, awesome, wicked, sic.........

Ojas Acharya
@ojas-acharya
11 years ago
172 posts

oh awesome.! always good to get feedback about beards from ladies haha :)
i really wanna keep it. its been a part of my body since even longer than i started my dreads (6 months)..

Zachariah
@zachariah
11 years ago
7 posts

i had a beard for almost 2 years before throwing it away, although i did separate it every so often, i say quit making excuses and just tell it how it is.. you want a gnarly beard! they'll get over it.. look at SE beard, it obviously at some point decided to start tangling. You can use all that stuff in the facial hair, idk about you but mine got pretty oily and full of residue pretty quickly and just used selsun blue, which i found is good if you have flaky skin and also want hair to lock up, it did wonders in my situation, and then bronners after. Just my 2 cents

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form