Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

BEESWAX ON HAIR

Daniel Hillard
@daniel-hillard
11 years ago
2 posts

Hey how's everyone doing? I have lurked for about a month and finally joined because I ended up TWISTING my hair and using WAX on Friday to get dreads. Yes I know I wasn't suppose to use WAX but even through all the posts I read I ended up still doing it. I told the person who did them I didn't want to use wax but they still brought it and I just went with it since I trusted them. Yesterday I ended washing my hair because I didn't feelcomfortablewith all the wax melting all over my shoulders,back and,chest. I didn't expect it to be this hard to remove when I used the DAWN soap with very HOT WATER. I had about 100 twist(yes they were small twists) butsinceI washed my hair there's no more twist butbeeswaxon my hair that makes my hair very straight and hard. I washed my hair/head three times since yesterday and it still looks somewhat the same. How much soap should I use to remove it? Will olive oil help in any way? Should I iron it? Will I just have to buy the WAX BE GONE? I plan on doing the twist and rip method after I take off the wax so will it matter if I have a little wax?

Thanks

updated by @daniel-hillard: 01/13/15 09:49:47PM
the Barrellady
@the-barrellady
11 years ago
1,302 posts

First off, get your money back if you told them not to use wax. Do not iron your hair, yikes! Do not use olive oil. Get a bucket and soak your sections in the water/Dawn dish soap and squeeze out the wax. Order Wax B Gone to make sure it is all out. Chuck it up to a learning experience and start over. Good Luck

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

u should remove all wa 1st6 use the hottest water u can safelyt stand withot burning yurself

use alot odf dawn

way more then u think is nesacary

lilke a whole bottle for 4-5 washes

u need alot to remove a lil

the wax gones a good idsea buit if they ar unknotted hair u probly dont need it

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Baba Fats
@baba-fats
11 years ago
2,702 posts

You won't get much out by using dish soap as a shampoo. YOU need to get a big pot or bowl and fill it with th hottest water you can stand to keep your hands in long term. Fill the pot with water, and squirt a VERY generous amount of soap into it. then, one by one, dunk your locks into the water and massage the soap into your hair. Do each lock for about a minute. Then was your hair like normal. You'l have to do this a great number of times to makes sure all of the wax is out.

If you don't have defined locks to work with, it might be worth getting a bottle of clarifying shampoo and using that for a few washes. Hopefully it'll help remove the majority, if not all of the wax.

Good luck. If you paid for this to be done, definitely try an get your money back. If not, chalk it up to a learning experience, and remember to not let anyone but you touch your locks like that.

Daniel Hillard
@daniel-hillard
11 years ago
2 posts

Thanks guys got most of it out.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

most isnt enuough keep removing it when your 100% sure its all gone...keep removing it

if your under a month the best thing to do is start over but if yiur not gonna do that

keep removing it

keep removig it]

3 months from now u can stop removing it and be reasonably sure its gone

if u used wax b gone 3 weeks miight be eniugh]

but to be safe keep removing it a lil onger

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form