Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Scared..

ashley ✿
@ashley
11 years ago
167 posts

i am kinda so terrified by the thought of going to a rainbow gathering or doing any traveling at all. I was just thinking about how i really would like to go to the national gathering and then this feeling of dread came over me. I was scared of the idea because it just may come to a reality. I have no idea what is wrong with me. I have no idea why I wrote this, it just troubled me.

updated by @ashley: 02/14/15 02:28:50AM
Niesje Sigrid
@niesje-sigrid
11 years ago
56 posts

I understand, I feel the same way. I love the idea of it, but I have a lot of social anxiety about it too.

Baba Fats
@baba-fats
11 years ago
2,702 posts

I haven't been able to get to a Gathering either. And probably never will since they always seem to occur while my wife is working. She can't take take off from work in the first few weeks of the school year. It's sad.

But I get where you're coming from. There is always a bit of anxiety when it comes to traveling. Especiallywhen you're going somewhere that is completely different than your normal view of the world. If you've ever been to a chill festival, think of it like that on a grander scale. Not a festival where everyone is on crazy drugs like pills, molly, coke, everything else. But like a folk festival where everyone is kind to eachother, and always ready to lend a hand. You don't have to stay long. And you can leave early if you feel uncomfortable. It's not like you bought a ticket and don't want to lose your money's worth.

Plus, Gatherings have been going on for ages. I'm sure they've had their fair share of people freaking out. And the type of folks that show up are ready to help calm you down, or know the right person for you to talk to. No one would look down on you for not liking it and wanting to pack up and go home.

The Hippie Circle
@the-hippie-circle
11 years ago
34 posts
Fear is a liar. When truth makes an appearance fear backs down.For the most part anyway. ;) I have only experiences of my own to equate this to, but I do know that whenever my fears start to hold me back I get informed. Knowing as much as possible is clutch for allaying fears.Gatherings are amazing. The community is amazing. Traveling to and fro can be an anxious time, but technology can help with that.Don't waste your precious life being held back by AAAAANNNNNYYYYYYTHING!!! Regret sucks.Be well, friend.
The Hippie Circle
@the-hippie-circle
11 years ago
34 posts
Lololol... You wrote this to help others, I think. In typing my previous answer to you, I was able to quell my own nagging fears about my dreads. Practicing what I preach goes a long way. :)
Keagan R Walker
@keagan-r-walker
11 years ago
23 posts
I'm only questioning the traveling part, like I live in Florida so I'd have to fly up to Montana this year but I'm okay with flying its just what happens when I get to the airport in montana? Do I pay for a rental car for a week nd only use it to get there and back, is there some other way? Like it just kinda scares me to think of traveling plans in some place I have no idea how to navigate
Call Tucker
@call-tucker
11 years ago
27 posts

FEAR or LOVE. you pick. To keagan-You can make general plans for yourself, but if your going to a gathering your gonna have to get used to being happy and content in the moment with what you have. When you need to do something, you do it. Live in the moment and quit letting the future and past manipulate your present moment. Ashely- anxiety sucks. But you either beat it, and realize what you've been scared of is a feather bed, or you let it cripple you and lock yourself inside with fear. Dont let it cripple you. You are better than that. ---One love brothers and sisters.

the Barrellady
@the-barrellady
11 years ago
1,302 posts

Perhaps you are not old enough to feel comfortable with all the planning etc that it takes. Why don't you wait a year to mature a little more emotionally so that you can joyfully experience your entire trip and the gathering. You will have a better time this way.

Keagan R Walker
@keagan-r-walker
11 years ago
23 posts
I mean if I needed emotional support I'd go to my mom, I was legitimately asking if there is an easier way to get to where I need to go without spending money on a rental car for a week when I'll only use it for 2 of the days and for example I went to a program in Utah for a while and when my parents would come to see me they'd take me out to go eat or something and the roads were nothing like in Florida, I'm not talking main interstate roads or highways I mean like the inner twinning of roads and the way it's made, I'm not sure what to expect in Montana
Keagan R Walker
@keagan-r-walker
11 years ago
23 posts
Call tucker- thanks though I guess lol
 / 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form