Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Dreadlocked Patients

Κύριε Ελέησόν
@κύριε-ελέησόν
11 years ago
92 posts
Have you ever considered what you would like to happen to your locks should you become admitted as a patient to a hospital for some time and unable to care for yourself? What about if you end up in a long-term care facility?I really hadn't myself until the other day. I was assigned a young pt who was unresponsive with shoulder length locks. A part of my job responsibility is washing/bathing pts. We use leave in shampoo/conditioner. I didnt wash the pt's hair that day and instead talked to pt's mother about what she wanted used to maintain pt's hair. In the hospital and long-term care settings, we are either unfamiliar or unprepared to care for dreadlocks. Not to mention the question of how to let them dry while you're bedridden.Just a thought.
updated by @κύριε-ελέησόν: 01/13/15 09:49:42PM
GoldenEagle
@goldeneagle
11 years ago
393 posts

I'd want my dreadlocks washed when they look oily and towel dried as much as possible and then left to air dry.

Talking with the patient's mother is a good beginning on how to educate your fellow staff members on how to deal with our particular hairstyle.

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form