Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

First new dreads wash with bs/acv - not good at all.

jokubas bauza
@jokubas-bauza
11 years ago
26 posts

Okey, so i have my dreads for 3days now. My head become really itchy so i decided to wash them with bs/acv. I did 1/3 cup of bs to a gallon of not very cold water + few drops of tea tree oil. I pour all that on my scalp and did nothing for 10 mins (i thoth soda will do the work). Then i rinsed my hairs and did another wash with another 1 gallon water + 1/10 cup of white vinegar, pour that on my dreads, waited about 2 mins and rinsed good with cold water again. After this, i dodnt feel itchy so much, but when i looked at mirror to my scalp..it was terrible...skin was very oily + there was still all dandruff who was wet and oily too, so when i rubed skin with my fingers, all those dandruff's and oil was underr my nails, and it looks like white oily gruel ;(

Conclusion - this helped me with removing itchynes (atleaste for now (15mins) but it didnt removed dandruff at all, and didnt removed oil from my head (dont know about hairs, they are still wet)

It was really disapointing see those dandruff and feel the oil on my head after wash...now all good minds about my dreads made with crochet hook become heathy and natural disapeard...i don't think its possible for me to make my head clean with out shampoo or rubbing my head with fingers ( because how can i remove dandruff and oil if i don't rub hair..) and if i wount use those thing my head will be dirty as hell...

updated by @jokubas-bauza: 02/14/15 06:12:06AM
the Barrellady
@the-barrellady
11 years ago
1,302 posts

Hi there, your ratio was off. Try using 1/2 baking soda to 5 cups of water, rinse well after 10-20 minutes, then use 1-2 capfuls only of apple cider vinegar with 5 cups water, leave on for only 1 minute and rinse. Rinse off everything well, then finish off with a cold rinse to the head, as cold as you can take. Your ratio was off, so it did not completely exfoliate the scalp. Try this and let us know how it goes.

Peace

jokubas bauza
@jokubas-bauza
11 years ago
26 posts

ohhh, im so stupid...i put not enought soda even for 2x less water..thats why its didnt helped as i expected...so can i repeat this lets say tomorrow? I ask this because as i mentioned i have dreads only for 3 days now, so maby wash them 2 days in a row is to much for new dreads and will make themto loosen up..?

Also thanks for so fast replay (:

the Barrellady said:

Hi there, your ratio was off. Try using 1/2 baking soda to 5 cups of water, rinse well after 10-20 minutes, then use 1-2 capfuls only of apple cider vinegar with 5 cups water , leave on for only 1 minute and rinse. Rinse off everything well, then finish off with a cold rinse to the head, as cold as you can take. Your ratio was off, so it did not completely exfoliate the scalp. Try this and let us know how it goes.

Peace

the Barrellady
@the-barrellady
11 years ago
1,302 posts

Dreads should be kept clean and washed 2-3 times a week. But I have learned that in the beginning, since they are not mature, you can wash every day if you want, as long as they get completely dry or they will mold. Mature dreads take much longer to dry, so they should not be washed every day. To speed up the drying process, use a micro fiber towel, like a Shamwow, and suck that water out of your hair, This has sped up my drying time tremendously. And a good tip is to purchase a towel the same color as your hair, towels leave behind lint, so it won't be as noticable. Since you want to wash that often, you may see a bit more towel lint.

As for loosening up, they need to loosen in order to dread, so no worries there.

Peace

the Barrellady
@the-barrellady
11 years ago
1,302 posts

You are not stupid, you are learning as we all did at the beginning of our own journey:)

jokubas bauza said:

ohhh, im so stupid...i put not enought soda even for

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

with crocchet dreads you want them to loosen up so they can dread

\as long as they are 100% dry y9u can

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
jokubas bauza
@jokubas-bauza
11 years ago
26 posts

thanaks again guys, this is best forum/community i ever used in my life...all replay so fast, and with lots of tip. I love you all!! And it good to hear that they must be loosen up, now i wount do anything to them exept washing them (:

jokubas bauza
@jokubas-bauza
11 years ago
26 posts

I also what to ask, 1/2 cup means one and a half or half of cup?

ash kerley
@ash-kerley
11 years ago
28 posts

half a cup for about 6 cups of water, what i seem to gather, IM also doing my first wash today....Also very oily hair id use 2-3 caps/water to do acv rinse to balance the ph in your locks...Good LUCK

jokubas bauza
@jokubas-bauza
11 years ago
26 posts

Also, how to use aloe...i should add it on dry hairs after wash, or i can add it on wet hairs right after wash, and go sleep?

/ 3

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form