Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Do I like them? I dont know

Michelle Michael
@michelle-michael
11 years ago
8 posts

6 weeks into my dreads. I did the tnr myself and I have well over 100 dreads. My hair loves it and they have stayed in right where I put them. I can't decide if I like them. The look the feel????

updated by @michelle-michael: 02/14/15 02:27:38AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

what about them are u unsure about exactly

they are very new tho

maybe u should have gi[ine natural and let them grow on you and get used ti em as they do

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Michelle Michael
@michelle-michael
11 years ago
8 posts

My hair loves to knot and I was ready for a change. I like how dreads look.

But o my o my. I am fighting the urge to slowly unknot my hair.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

forget all about them awhile

or if it knots so easy then take em out..and let em knot

the natural ways a whole diferent eperience

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
the Barrellady
@the-barrellady
11 years ago
1,302 posts

Hi Michelle. Dreads grow with us. Unless they are manufactured, fake, etc, then they WILL look...well...messy in the early stages. We grow within as they grow. Have a 3 year vision in your head on how you want your dreads to look....then sit back at let those 3 years pass you by....what do you know...beautiful dreads!

I agree with Soaring Eagle. If your hair knots easily, maybe try the natural way. Perhaps you will feel better about them.

On a side note, I bet the majority of us have had days when we go...what the hell...I look like shit! On those days I put on a tam, stay away from the mirror and remind myself of the 3 year look.

Dreads are not for everyone. You like how dreads look, but maybe they are not for you? I love dreads, but I also love bald heads on guys (like my husband's), but I would not go bald myself, (although I did once to raise money for a little boys cancer). So liking or loving a look does not always mean it is for you. You can still admire and appreciate things without actually having them yourself.

Look within yourself, we are here for you if you need us. Only you know how it is for YOU.

Peace

Michelle Michael
@michelle-michael
11 years ago
8 posts

I think i need to stop looking in the mirror and let go. It would be a shame to take out all the work I put into them at this point. So I could just go with neglect. It is not as easy as I thought to just let go. Want the freedom of dreads. I want to never fight my hair with a brush. I want something different.

I guess I just wanted a little support from the knotted community.

thanks.

Michelle Michael
@michelle-michael
11 years ago
8 posts

Michelle Michael said:

I think i need to stop looking in the mirror and let go. It would be a shame to take out all the work I put into them at this point. So I could just go with neglect. It is not as easy as I thought to just let go. Want the freedom of dreads. I want to never fight my hair with a brush. I want something different.

thanks.

I am about to add some pics of my 6 week knots

the Barrellady
@the-barrellady
11 years ago
1,302 posts

Hang in there sister

Michelle Michael said:

thanks.

Michelle Michael
@michelle-michael
11 years ago
8 posts

maybe i have too many

SquidFase
@squidfase
11 years ago
24 posts

RIGHTO! I had the same problem. But it's true, they grow on you. You get some sort of emotional attachment to them after awhile. haha. I think if you stick them out for awhile, you'll grow to love them completely.

/ 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form