Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

So many questions so little time!

Erin Garrison
@erin-garrison
11 years ago
11 posts
First, backcombing. I did it and now feel pretty guilty. Ive spent the last year growing and loving my hair and then did that :(Second wax. Did that too. Bright side though is this. After about 3/4 of the way through my hair I had an epiphany and stopped because I saw through the product propagandaand said what the hell am I doing and started asking questions. I also banded but took them all out on the sixth day. On my next wash day I'm going to hit these babies with dawn dish soap. Also I saw posts about the wax causing your skin to break out, this is true!Right now my question is this, I jumped off the product band wagon soon enough right?
updated by @erin-garrison: 01/13/15 09:48:53PM
jazzymomma
@jazzymomma
11 years ago
175 posts

lol yes off the wagon quick good good very good choice an dstep to awesome and happy dreads lol ull be glad u did in due time trust me:D and dont feel guilty ur gonna be doing great soon :D o yes dont keep them wrapped p at night u may think protecting them somehow but actually it will prevent the from locking then need to snarl up and knot to be dreds lol silly k peace an love and chillits much easyier than people make it sound lol :D

Erin Garrison
@erin-garrison
11 years ago
11 posts
Haha! Thanks for the vote of confidence! My dear husband put them in and was pretty appalled when I changed up in the middle of it all. But it really was a palm to face moment! I eat naturally, believe in natural medicine, I had stopped using shampoos and conditions, stopped using after shower hair products, and the list continues so I don't know how the dread product pushers snagged me!!As for the dawn wash, is there a special way to go about it? And how will I know that nasty crap is out?!?! It's beyond me how people incorporate it into their routines! I hated it so much!But let me say this, dreading my hair and starting this journey has been one of the most liberating choices of my life! I knew it would be a change in my appearance but I had no idea just how deep the change would be felt!Have q blessed day!
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

well u jumped off but now u need to backtrack and undo the wax

dont worry bout the backcombing theres worse things u coulda done

just get the wax out and let em dread from there

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

very very hot water (almost unsafe hot) lots and lots of dawn and scrub like crazy

repeat repeat repeat

unfortunately u may never know its all ouit but if u never used the blow dryer to melt it in then dawn might be enough to do the trick

u can get the wax b gone and a few uses of that are way more likely to get it all out good

Erin Garrison said:

Haha! Thanks for the vote of confidence! My dear husband put them in and was pretty appalled when I changed up in the middle of it all. But it really was a palm to face moment! I eat naturally, believe in natural medicine, I had stopped using shampoos and conditions, stopped using after shower hair products, and the list continues so I don't know how the dread product pushers snagged me!!
As for the dawn wash, is there a special way to go about it? And how will I know that nasty crap is out?!?! It's beyond me how people incorporate it into their routines! I hated it so much!
But let me say this, dreading my hair and starting this journey has been one of the most liberating choices of my life! I knew it would be a change in my appearance but I had no idea just how deep the change would be felt!
Have q blessed day!

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Erin Garrison
@erin-garrison
11 years ago
11 posts
Very hot water. Check. Dawn. Check.We did blow dry it in :( Because, you know, that's what the directions say to do. Sigh.Any thoughts on Knottyboy shampoo? Thats what I bought and honestly don't want to waste it :/ But if you have any compelling info on it I guess I'd rather waste than ruin. After its gone I'm more than content to get back on the be/acv routine :)
April Brown
@april-brown
11 years ago
49 posts

Honestly I think the Knotty Boy shampoo is the only thing that company has that is okay to use. If you look at all the ingredients it's all natural and vegan and comparable to any other dread shampoo. I use it sometimes for a change up in smells but I hear you can some pretty amazing shampoo on this site that I will order next time, once my knotty boy shampoo is gone.

Erin Garrison said:

Very hot water. Check. Dawn. Check.
We did blow dry it in :( Because, you know, that's what the directions say to do. Sigh.
Any thoughts on Knottyboy shampoo? Thats what I bought and honestly don't want to waste it :/ But if you have any compelling info on it I guess I'd rather waste than ruin. After its gone I'm more than content to get back on the be/acv routine :)
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form