Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

April's TNR timeline from fine/thin straight hair!

April Brown
@april-brown
11 years ago
49 posts

Hello all, I have browsed these timelines and this site for months now and decided it was time to create a timeline. They have helped me so much to see other peoples progression and the questions, feelings, doubts, and triumphs that other people have had. I have always wanted dreads, since I can remember but held back for so long due to misconceptions of permanency, hygiene and honestly fear of judgement. I have finally reached an awakening point in my human experience where I am letting go of false constraints and expectations society does it's best to hold us down with.. I feel this journey is a part of that awakening and I am escaping the prison of control...

^ Before, day one and week one.

^ Two weeks, crazy how much they changed in only a couple weeks here

^ One Month yay

^ And two months... loopy crazy transformation going on!

I know it's silly but here is a pic of some craziness going on at 2 1/2 months. I did comb out the one crazy one that causing too much tension in an awkward place but it feels better already cuz I went with the natural part of my hair line rather then forcing a direction.

Above is about 7 months I think. I had a couple large ones I separated but I may have already discussed that somewhere. I have completely let go and allowed them to go natural. I love the chaos and beauty of them ..

The above photos are both around 10 months along... my camera is broke on my phone so I can't get any close ups right now.

updated by @april-brown: 02/14/15 04:42:14AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

nice the sections on top look lil large but stll looks kike u gotr alot of em u may have a feqw fatties in there

looking good tho

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
April Brown
@april-brown
11 years ago
49 posts

I'm finding that I digg the fatter ones more than the little ones, I'm hoping some of the smaller ones join. And thanks, I have up and down days.

soaring eagle said:

nice the sections on top look lil large but stll looks kike u gotr alot of em u may have a feqw fatties in there

looking good tho

Danielle Hache
@danielle-hache
11 years ago
100 posts

what method did you use .....looking good my friend

April Brown
@april-brown
11 years ago
49 posts

Twist and rip,and I have just left them alone since.

Danielle Hache said:

what method did you use .....looking good my friend

Danielle Hache
@danielle-hache
11 years ago
100 posts

nice me too ...i also have a couple large ones on top i quite enjoy .....

April Brown
@april-brown
11 years ago
49 posts

I've been kind of obsessing on the bigger ones on top, I'm wondering if I should comb them out and separate maybe three of them. I really hate to do that because I know it's super damaging and for almost three months they are pretty damn solid already. I posted a question with pics about it and got a couple peoples feedback there but I'm wondering what you all think that are following my timeline. My husband thinks I should just leave em be. I'll see if I can post a link to the post.

Danielle Hache
@danielle-hache
11 years ago
100 posts

well i also did obsess at 7 months whether or not to brush my large top sections out. I eventually came to a decision not to. only because I am so far along and well just lazy. Being that your only 3 months and if it really bothers you, follow your gut and just do it. Honestly looking closer at your pictures i really like them and think they look great, I would hate to disturb the set. But follow your gut and do what feels right ! :)

April Brown said:

I've been kind of obsessing on the bigger ones on top, I'm wondering if I should comb them out and separate maybe three of them. I really hate to do that because I know it's super damaging and for almost three months they are pretty damn solid already. I posted a question with pics about it and got a couple peoples feedback there but I'm wondering what you all think that are following my timeline. My husband thinks I should just leave em be. I'll see if I can post a link to the post.

April Brown
@april-brown
11 years ago
49 posts

Thanks lady!! I'm kinda feeling that way myself..plus I hear that everyone who does forced sectioning rather then natural has periods of paranoia when changes start happening lol

Mons
@mons
11 years ago
518 posts
I think, for just about everyone, from about 3 to 6 months is very rough. It's that super awkward, gangly, leggy, question everything. Like a cross between a toddler asking questions all the time and a preteen trying to find their style. I've heard of more people undoing their dreads during this period because they weren't 'behaving' or didn't look right. I try to tell people to be patient, quit looking at them and give them a bit more time.I had a customer last week that had just tnr'ed her hair less than a week before. That's what I warned her about lol I just told her no matter how much she questions, how much she doubts, how much she wants to cut them or comb them out, just wait.
 / 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form