dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Maintenance etc.

Jaco Rossouw
@jaco-rossouw
11 years ago
9 posts

Hey guys and gals! Hope all is blessed.

I'm posting to say that my crochet recovery is doing great!! And I would like to ask some questions about maintenance.

My locks are 2 weeks from 9 months old and I have not touched them with a needle since the initial crochet accept for washing them 2 times a week.About two weeks ago I took some scissors and trimmed some of the loose hair from the body for a neater look, I have not touched the roots, but now slowly these little guys are creeping out of the dreads again!

My question is on maintenance, as far as I can see on the site the way of maintenance is mostly doing nothing?? Am I right? And if so, I'm 9 months in and still have a quite big amount of loose hair at the roots and coming out of the dread-body (I have included pictures)

Is there something I should do? (Palm rolling etc?) or is it really just a time thing, or am I just being to fussy :P Generally im not worried, just wanted to make some enquiries.

Thanks dudes and dudettes :D

updated by @jaco-rossouw: 01/13/15 09:48:32PM
Doogie
@doogie
11 years ago
321 posts

Do nothing but wash. NO palm rolling, NOTHING! You shouldn't trim the loose hair from the body of the dreads either. Dreads take time and those loose hairs will eventually get sucked in but dreads are supposed to have loose hair. Just leave them alone and let them do what they want.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

your at 9 months crochet recovery takes 6 months so yoir realy at 3 months if u didnt crochet

so they are just the way tgey should be

dont trim the hairs give em time

the pink himalean sea salt from dreadlockshampoo.com will help the undreaded parts dread and get em tighter faster

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Jaco Rossouw
@jaco-rossouw
11 years ago
9 posts

Awesome,

Much thanks guys!! :):)

Princess Kay
@princess-kay
11 years ago
47 posts

how are we supossed to use the pink salt, SE? im interested in it!

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

just spray it on..very simple

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
the Barrellady
@the-barrellady
11 years ago
1,302 posts

I am at one year and still have loose hairs. The journey to mature dreads can take up to 2 years, so lots happens in between that time. No, never palm roll dreads, doesn't really work and is not necessary to do. You know what your can do? Sit back and enjoy the ride. Peace.

KnotLady
@knotlady
11 years ago
300 posts

yeah itsa time thing. you gotta let go of control. just let it be. all 'maintinence' does is create more need for it and its really not maintinence since its just damaging or pointless. palm rolling has affect but it looks really wierd. cutting the loose hairs wont help. the hair grows and sticks out again. so cutting it is worse because instead of the hairs laying flat, they just keep sticking up.

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form