Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Month old dreads

Gary2
@gary2
11 years ago
46 posts

Ok so i have curly hair. black/mexican hair. so it isnt nappy just real curly. and i have had my hair twisted for a month now and i'm not seeing any improvement. i want free form dreadlocks but i have no clue how the process goes. I havent washed my hair for a month now. and i have no idea what is going on. my head stinks.

updated by @gary2: 01/13/15 09:48:28PM
Gary2
@gary2
11 years ago
46 posts

I don't want to seem impatient. I just need guidance. thats all.

Gary2
@gary2
11 years ago
46 posts

More Pictures

dreadmojo
@dreadmojo
11 years ago
25 posts

ok so sounds like you pretty much have the same hair type as me, now im about 7 months in so not a veteran by anymeans but i know a bit, first wash your hair! not washing does not produce dreads, you can go to the top of this website find the dread education page and learn just about everything you need, but to save you the time ill jot a few things down here.... 1. like i said wash your hair, your gnna wanna use residue free shampoo or the bs/acv( baking soda, applecider vinegar rinse) this does not work for everyone though if you have hard water it wont work...2. did you use wax? if so gnna need to get that outa there...3. your not gnna have full on dreads right away unless there fake its gnna take at least a year, like i said im 7 months in and barley seeing definite change but its ok patience is definitely needed for true dreadlocks....hope this kinda helps definitely check out the dread education part on this site and oh yeah WELCOME TO THE SITE :)

Mons
@mons
11 years ago
518 posts
What dreadmojo said. Wash wash wash that hair!! Clean hair dreads up faster. Dirty hair is oily hair, knots will not form in oily hair. Get a good dread shampoo, dreadlockshampoo.com has excellent stuff. The bs/acv is awesome too. Up in the left hand corner is the search button, do a search for baking soda and sea salt ratio, that will tell you everything you need to know. Aside from clean hair, you don't ever need to retwist, it won't do any good... But over time it will cause traction alopecia, which is bald spots. They can be permanent. Patience is absolute key in dreading. Basically, if something your hair does makes you freak out, it's doing exactly what it's supposed to be doing!! Let it happen! Wash 2-3 times a week and forget you even have hair for a few months.
Gary2
@gary2
11 years ago
46 posts

thanks guys. im going to go wash right away.

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form