Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

I think I'm just going to neglect it.

Anna Molly
@anna-molly
11 years ago
19 posts

So I have been doing some research on how I am going to dread my hair for a couple of weeks now. I thought I had decided on T&R. Now I think I'm just going to neglect it. I wanted to know if I should palm roll the hair every once in a while to help the process? I'm not really in a rush, I more just want to know if it would be beneficial. I received my Lock it Up Shampoo, Sea Salt Spray, and Gel today. Barrellady suggested I start with the baking soda wash first. About how long should I wait to use the shampoo and other stuff that I bought? My hair is about to the middle of my back and usually tangles pretty easily on it's own especially if I don't use conditioner. I do have hard water which is why I bought the shampoo that I did.

updated by @anna-molly: 01/13/15 09:48:15PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

if n that case u can start with the shampoo the sprays great too

nahy dont bother palm rolling its not benificial at all

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
the Barrellady
@the-barrellady
11 years ago
1,302 posts

You made a great decision to start with the neglect method. I went neglect only long enough to let my hair naturally section, then I did T&R and even though I was careful not to go tight, some of the skinnier were, so that is why I think I have some knobby looking ends on them. The ones that were done very loosely are coming along beautifully and are forming all the way up the section. If I could do it all over again, like if time turned back, then I would go all the way neglect. So good choice & happy dreading.

Glad you have dread shampoo too.

Jenn
@jenn
11 years ago
2 posts

Let me know what you do and how it goes.... I was considering TnR when my hair gets long enough but Idk

KnotLady
@knotlady
11 years ago
300 posts

just go with neglect man. i did tnr and i dont regret it, but it wouldhave been cool to see it all form naturally. the dreads that you do that stay arent as good as the ones that formnaturally.

Jennifer Wilson said:

Let me know what you do and how it goes.... I was considering TnR when my hair gets long enough but Idk

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form