Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

My dreadlocks timeline

Leo Valesquez
@leo-valesquez
11 years ago
3 posts

i would like to share sum pics of my journey . i have had dreads for almost a year now buts its been a three year process.

This pic i was like 15 years old .fresh cut. last time i probaly went to a barborshop.

growing a fro i decided to let my hair grow long.

i dont have any pics of me while it was growing but this how my hair grew naturally.i didnt plan on getting dreads at all until my best friend one day said "let me dread your hair foo " we were stoned . i was like im down ! it started by one then i asked him to do my whole hair. i had no doubt in him cuz he had dreads before n his dreads were dope n he had straight hair. ive seen my friend go thru 2 journeys . He knew what he was doing.

During spring break of 2012 , i made my choice of getting dreads. it took a whole week to finish. He sectioned my hair , backcombed , crochet , and blunted the locs. this was the finished look. I went back to school next week and everyone was like wtf ! you got dreads tripping out . every class people just staring haha .i got alot of negativity from people like do you wash your hair? are you trying to look like bob marley ? wheres the ganja Rasta !? lol at first i was self conscious about them but then i stopped caring cuz people are always gonna judge. idk people are ignorant when it come to stereotypes.

3rdmonth being a dreadhead i learned about this site n stopped crocheting my dreads.

5 months ! i wish my hair was this length again. my favorite pic.

7 months ! dreads are getting longer and thick . almost covering my whole face.long hair dont care.

9 months ! i took this while blow drying my hair. i only seperate the top of my hair n try to keep my hairline split visible so they can look presentable.good progress so far

11 months ! i can finally tie them back with my own dreads. they really got longer n get in the way when i go skate :( i cant see my tricks sometimes n it can be a risky. skateboarding is really dangerous. thank goodness i can tie them back now i can see clearly .

This month is gonna be a year ! im happy with the progress of my dreads i love them they are like my identity . i feel accomplished that i made it a whole year n hopefully many more to come. ill upload more pics. thank you for your time n hope you make a timeline to share

updated by @leo-valesquez: 02/14/15 09:04:26AM
Larra Juab
@larra-juab
11 years ago
76 posts

Woooow. you got awesome dreads ! :D

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

cool timeline but stillseems to have that crochet stiffness 8 months after last crochet

and never got any loops or nothing yet

plus its growing not shrinking so seems like u still got aways to go to recover from the crochet

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Leo Valesquez
@leo-valesquez
11 years ago
3 posts

thank you i appreciate that . Your dreads are looking good ! :)

Larra Juab said:

Woooow. you got awesome dreads ! :D

Leo Valesquez
@leo-valesquez
11 years ago
3 posts

idk my roots at the top of my head gets alot frizz n looks like baby hair . yeah my dreads dont shrink they jus get longer. they dont feel stiff at all compared to when i first got my dreads done. i cant tell if they are maturing cuz theyre thick and feel solid but do they do feel soft like hair

soaring eagle said:

cool timeline but stillseems to have that crochet stiffness 8 months after last crochet

and never got any loops or nothing yet

plus its growing not shrinking so seems like u still got aways to go to recover from the crochet

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

well the fuzz at the scalps cause u havent touched em in awhile

but yea they should be firm but soft..squishy

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Cole Morton
@cole-morton
11 years ago
109 posts

They look awesome!!!!

Nico Gonzalez
@nico-gonzalez
11 years ago
1 posts

Man solid dreads man. Wish mine can get to that length some time. Nicely done.

bridget otoole
@bridget-otoole
11 years ago
5 posts
wow! love 'em!how did you get that blunted effect?looks great
Alex Jackson
@alex-jackson
11 years ago
5 posts

Awesome dreads bro

/ 2

Dislike 0