Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

dred extentions? yes or no?

Brianna Elizabeth
@brianna-elizabeth
11 years ago
19 posts
well im considering at about 9 months to maybe get some dread extensions, but in wondering what things can happen, if its worth it, should I do it myself, how is the best way to put them in and how to take care of them, advice oh please!
updated by @brianna-elizabeth: 02/14/15 06:17:09AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

dont bother

hair grows thats how yo extend them u letthem grow

most who get extentions hatre tghem they feel like dead weight ..no connection to them they feel fake and like theyh dont belong

just wait another 9 months and they will exrend themselves

then 9 years and they are very long

after 90 years u will need 3-5 people to help you cary them

90 years isntthat long to wait..its only 1 lifetime

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
the Barrellady
@the-barrellady
11 years ago
1,302 posts

Here is a previous posting I found for you, hope it helps:

yes the products work wonderfully but heres the thing about extentions u kinda need estabk]lished dreads to anchor them onto and they also will feel like extentions not connected to you like yor real dreads

another option is to do a hair wrap on a dread close to the crown, then extend the wrap a ways past the en of the dread so its long enough to wrap around the dreads

once your dreads are more mature u can comb out a couple inches of the ends fraying them out then push the 2 ends togrther till the dresed parts meat and the loose hairs mesh togetger extending on either sde over the dreaded parts then wrap about 4 inches an inch above and below the loose hairs till they fuse

- See more at: http://www.dreadlockssite.com/forum/topics/extensions-3#sthash.LUfm...

Read more: Extensions - dreadlocks forums http://www.dreadlockssite.com/forum/topics/extensions-3#ixzz2MJ9HwW6G
the best place for real dreadlocks
Under Creative Commons License: Attribution
n00dles
@n00dles
11 years ago
20 posts

when i had my first set of dreads i attached two extensions from my own hair.even though it was mine actual hair i couldnt get the fake/dead thing feeling out of my head.extensions stayed like mmm 3 weeks maybe?? i remember that every time i was leaving bus/train i had to check seat if there isnt lying my dread..resting your head can be such a nightmare lol.never ever

KnotLady
@knotlady
11 years ago
300 posts

thaat last line struck me profoundly.

soaring eagle said:

dont bother

hair grows thats how yo extend them u letthem grow

most who get extentions hatre tghem they feel like dead weight ..no connection to them they feel fake and like theyh dont belong

just wait another 9 months and they will exrend themselves

then 9 years and they are very long

after 90 years u will need 3-5 people to help you cary them

90 years isntthat long to wait..its only 1 lifetime

KnotLady
@knotlady
11 years ago
300 posts

i thought about doing it with my husbands hair from a couple years ago... im not sure about it though. i dont think i would do it right now at least because my dreads arent really uniform at the ends so attatching it would be wierd, methinks?

Marcellus Wallace
@marcellus-wallace
11 years ago
46 posts

I always though dread extensions were stupid, and I still do. After reading this article though, I realized they also, are evil! http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/articles/429544/20130130/hair-today-gone-tommorow-south-african-thieves.htm

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

yea theres a whole new black market for dreadlocks extentions that involves mugging them for their dreds ..its evil

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
KnotLady
@knotlady
11 years ago
300 posts

OMG. i would have never thought

soaring eagle said:

yea theres a whole new black market for dreadlocks extentions that involves mugging them for their dreds ..its evil

the Barrellady
@the-barrellady
11 years ago
1,302 posts

Heart-wrenching story. Those dread thieves in South Africa did not steal anything that can be replaced, they stole this mans being, they stole a huge part of who he is, they stole his identity and they dented his soul, and the list goes on. I can't imagine the feeling of being mugged for lovingly grown 10 year old locks. At least those assholes did not steal his life & kill him.

M arcellus Wallace said:

I always though dread extensions were stupid, and I still do. After reading this article though, I realized they also, are evil! http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/articles/429544/20130130/hair-today-gone-t...

/ 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form