dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

...At Last

Beckysan
@beckysan
11 years ago
17 posts

Hello-

Just wanted to introduce myself (welcome package highly suggests it). My name is Rebecca, but most of my friends call me Beckysan and I am very happy to have found this site.

I have been dreading for only 4 months but have learned a lot. Especially what not to do. Which is the story of my life, but you know, rather than be bitter, I'd rather look at it as road markers to look back and measure against.

I could be upset (should be is probably a better word) that I got conned by DHHQ but you know, now I am here. Now I know better. And I have all of you wonderful people to thank for that. So thank you all for your time, patience, and awesome pics and I look forward to getting to know peeps better!

Attaching my pic with dreads, sorry it's not better, but I am enjoying the lighting I am working in right now! Hope everyone is having an awesome night!

updated by @beckysan: 01/13/15 09:47:29PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

turn on a light i cant see you

srry ya got scammed by those other guys

did u have to start over or could ya rescue them

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Beckysan
@beckysan
11 years ago
17 posts

Sorry, been busy working away trying not to cause too much trouble for kiddos.

I think because of all the advice that I found here, I am able to salvage them. They are dry right now (been giving them some jojoba oil with tea tree and lavender) but I have been using Vicky's products as well. I think they need a little rest, but they've been shrinking like crazy! Can I take that as a good sign?

the Barrellady
@the-barrellady
11 years ago
1,302 posts

Shrinking is a great sign that they are well on their journey. They need to shrink and loop in order to become mature locks, so yep, you sure do want that.

the Barrellady
@the-barrellady
11 years ago
1,302 posts

Crazy things will begin to happen now. The shrinkage has begun. They will soon change in appearance, loosening, looping and zig zagging. You want all this crazy stuff to happen. The dreads will shrink to become fatter and lock up, and will eventually become the width of the section at your scalp. Do not despair when it all looks a mess, this happens to some of us, especially me. All you need to do is keep them clean, separate any sections that try to join together when needed and sit back with a cup of tea to enjoy the ride. Have fun on it.

Beckysan
@beckysan
11 years ago
17 posts

Thanks for the advice Barrellady :)

I have been having fun watching them change and take on their own personality. My husband and kids think it's pretty cool too. I saw your locks and I think they're lovely! The thing I love the most about dreadlocks is that I really don't care what my hair looks like anymore. You said it.. keep them clean, separate sections and sit back and enjoy the ride. I've been like that most of my life, except I had to fight super fine, super straight hair to stick in a pony. No more!!!

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form