Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

I need motivation..:/

Sara Gray
@sara-gray
11 years ago
27 posts

When my mom passed away last year i enrolled in college. I was honored to find out that i made the presidents list with a 4.0 gpa.This semester is a different story, although i have all As and one B...i seem to have lost motivation. I am switching majors next semester to cosmetology which is not close to what i am going for right now. I cant seem to get back into gear and focused. Its like i just want to fish or go to the beach all day...ahhh whats wrong with me..any suggestions on how to kill this 'unmotivated bug" i seem to have? i feel like im treading in water...

updated by @sara-gray: 02/14/15 08:33:59AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

whats your majour now cosmotology i bet will kill it even more

get your motigatiuon from what you enjoy

beach conservation marine biology

hell drop out and move into a cave..your not motivated cause its something you feel you should do not something ypu want to do

if you want to live in a treewhouse but yoir pressured into a wallstreet loft you wont be motivated at all till u give up the wall street and swing from the trees instead

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
the Barrellady
@the-barrellady
11 years ago
1,302 posts

You are still in mourning even if you do not realize it. If you are able to, take a year off school and go fishing, hang at the beach and reflect. The loss of a mother has so many faucets to it, let the school know that you need the time (semester or year). to deal with your emotions and to get re motivated for your studies. Who knows, in your refection time you may take a different direction in your life. My thoughts will be with you, Peace

Sara Gray
@sara-gray
11 years ago
27 posts

wow, thats so true...my boyfriend laughs at me everytime i used to say i wanted to dread my hair and live off the land, but im finding it more and more true everyday..i can be satisfied with the simple things but im afraid i will loose them if i dont conquer the difficult things if that makes any sense. I want to be part of society apart from society...trapped :(

soaring eagle said:

hell drop out and move into a cave..your not motivated cause its something you feel you should do not something ypu want to do

if you want to live in a treewhouse but yoir pressured into a wallstreet loft you wont be motivated at all till u give up the wall street and swing from the trees instead

James12
@james12
11 years ago
9 posts

Hey Sara,

I agree with Soaring Eagle and have had some experience with feeling this way. I used to work for my Dad and I hung on there way too long thinking that if I tried a little harder or changed the way I was working I would enjoy it more and be more motivated. That never worked though and I finally ended up leaving and am much happier now.

But the truth is you need to find out what it is you actually want to do with your life and you will find a natural motivation boiling up inside of you that can't be stopped.

So take some time to reflect on what it is you really would like to have in your life and go get it. If that is staying in school and studying something new and completely different go for it but you cannot force motivation if you subconsciously don't want what you are trying to achieve.

Sara Gray
@sara-gray
11 years ago
27 posts

oh and yes cosmo. is the major i want to switch to next sem. Its just my A.A right now then B.A. in business management. i want to have fun at what i do and i cant do that from this desk locked inside this office i need nature and freedom...but i need money to do that ugh..help me lord

Sara Gray said:

wow, thats so true...my boyfriend laughs at me everytime i used to say i wanted to dread my hair and live off the land, but im finding it more and more true everyday..i can be satisfied with the simple things but im afraid i will loose them if i dont conquer the difficult things if that makes any sense. I want to be part of society apart from society...trapped :(

soaring eagle said:

Sara Gray
@sara-gray
11 years ago
27 posts

you are also right...i never had chance to mourn..i used my studies to keep me preoccupied but now they are just drowning me..i feel like im doing what the world wants instead of what i need..im afraid if i get out it will set me back. I lost my father at 13 and my gma is being put into a nursing home next month. Im really just going through it and i dont have time to deal with anything. Thank you all so much for your inspiring worda and prayers...i love the website. thanks so much

the Barrellady said:

You are still in mourning even if you do not realize it. If you are able to, take a year off school and go fishing, hang at the beach and reflect. The loss of a mother has so many faucets to it, let the school know that you need the time (semester or year). to deal with your emotions and to get re motivated for your studies. Who knows, in your refection time you may take a different direction in your life. My thoughts will be with you, Peace

Marissa Victoria
@marissa-victoria
11 years ago
34 posts

I think it's normal to lose interest in school easily when there are impacting events that can affect you. It's also hard to know what we "have" to do in society when it comes to a job. So if you feel like you don't really FEEL what your doing, I would suggest actually following through with the things you would RATHER do.Education is always there. Time isn't. I find time to be very precious and a part of being human is the ability to be able to express ourselves while feeling the happiness and joy of life THROUGH doing theses things like going to the beach. They bring us closer to Earth, closer to ourselves. For some, like myself, the best way for me to get back into the school thing, was to take a much needed break to do the things that my heart REALLY desired; with no money wasted, only memories and positivity and experience gained. You also had an impacting thing happen to you, which I am very sorry to hear, and that can be very draining on you even if you don't notice when your trying to study. I would suggest taking some time for yourself to do the things you truly love, make the most of your time, and you'll soon feel alive again, rejuvenated, and MOTIVATED. All we need is a little LOVE in our lives to realize the things we really want to do with life. Do the things you love, and then the things you desire with come into your life, including the motivation to do what you want; in time.

I hope this helped.
:]

Peace&Love

Sara Gray
@sara-gray
11 years ago
27 posts

it did very much thank you all so much! you all have been a blessing in my life :) peace and love

steven5
@steven5
11 years ago
10 posts

WOW I just realized how awesome it is that we have a community like this to not only talk about our love of dreading, but also to communicate things so personal and introspective to open ourselves to each other. It's truly a great thing! Sara, I believe that starting your dreads may be a new path in life that will lead you to many new and uplifting experiences as mine have for me. Nothing can stop you now!

/ 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form