Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Lock splitting in 2

Anna3
@anna3
11 years ago
70 posts

I have this dread that should have been 2 dreads, but stupid me thought they were too skinny when i first made them and let them congo. Now they don't want to be partners and the dread is pretty thick. It's dividing at the root and I attempted pulling it apart, but it's already so knotted together. I didn't really want to comb it out and loose my progress but I'm afraid that it will get even thicker. What should I do?

updated by @anna3: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
James Colby Justice
@james-colby-justice
11 years ago
75 posts

Personally I think it looks good. I've had roots do that as well and as t grows out it will correct itself. I think that it has a lot of character. :)

Anna3
@anna3
11 years ago
70 posts

That's what I was hoping would happen! I didn't want to have to remove it, it's only been a lttle over 3 months but I've had so much progress and I don't want to loose that :)

James Colby Justice
@james-colby-justice
11 years ago
75 posts

It'll take some time to correct itself but no worries, it'll happen. xD

Anna3
@anna3
11 years ago
70 posts

I'm not too worried about time, my hair in general has a lot of correcting to do haha. it's wild

the Barrellady
@the-barrellady
11 years ago
1,302 posts

Hi Anna, wow, you are still in the infant stage, don't worry about how loose the root area is. With the twit & rip method, you may have made one section tighter than the other, so they are having a bit of difficulty joining together, but they will, no worries there. Not sure with the photo, but are the two joined dreads more than an inch at the area where it meets the scalp? If it is, perhaps you should divide them again, only being 3 months into your journey, it should be easy to do.

When you try to separate them, start at the bottom and work your way up. Eventually you will get to an area that will divide the two how they want to be. Better to do it now, they won't be that far behind the others then.

Happy Dreading & Cheers

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form