Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Crazy tangles... What to do?

Bree
@bree
11 years ago
19 posts

So my dreads are about 3 mths old and recently every morning I wake up and they are connected on the bottom... Like 2 or 3 dreads all clumped on the ends only. I have been seperating them cause I don't want massive dreads.

Question: Am I slowing the process? Should I just let them be? It seems to me counter productive to be ripping out knots cause that whatI want.... Any suggestions would be great :) Thanks.

updated by @bree: 01/13/15 09:46:35PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

dont seperate untill theres something to seperate...knotted clumps that are too big or combining dont just seperate unknotted sections

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Patience
@patience
11 years ago
51 posts

My hair started to make huge clumps at the bottom even before it sectioned much so I separated a lot at first. It wasn't so much wasting the knots that bothered me as that I could hear my hair breaking no matter how gently I tried to pull them apart. After taking advice I used beads to keep the sections apart which either worked like a charm or gave my hair a breathing space while it decided it didn't want to be one big ball of tangles at the bottom. I don't know which it is but the problem seems to have reduced drastically and I hardly ever have to separate the ends any more.

Yes, I think you do need to keep separating them. Pull them very gently with a wiggling motion, preferably when your hair is wet. Hopefully it's just a phase and your hair will work out where it's meant to be soon.

Bree
@bree
11 years ago
19 posts

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form