Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Natty Shack/Community Living?!? Let's make this happen!

Crystalyn
@crystalyn
11 years ago
38 posts

Hello all you beautiful dreadheads.... I am on a misson! i've been asking around, and looking at disscussions, however they all seem to be old threads, and no activity is commencing on them... Please direct me to the most recently disscused thread if it exists so i may be more organized in my planning! Thank you.

I'm very interested in starting a community of fellow beings who want more out of this life. More work, and more community, as well as the right values and direction can be a very rewarding experience if done right!

I would have some money to contribute as well as hard working able bodies (two- myself and my sons father), Niko is 26,i am 28, we are healthy and ready for change! Our son Cassady, is 2! :)

I would really like to get in on some land and a better/different way of life. We have been planning to buy a van/bus and just kinda go see whats out there, but we would also be interested in having a destination of community. somewhere to possibly settle in if it were right for everyone.

I have some background in building (i went on a mission trip to pittsburg when i was 17 and helped build a deck, tile a floor, and tar a roof) as well as other around the house fixer up jobs since then. I am very handy.I love to garden, and cook/bake! im very good at making cookies (yes even cannabutter cookies and bread too-my recipe is awesome!)and all sorts of other fantastically healthy meals! I am very big on putting healthy fresh rawfood into my body becasue i realise that our bodys need fuel to work maximum efficiency...unfortunatly most of what stores have to offer is less than nutritional and i know that with some effort and love i could really get an awesome garden growing for some fresh fruits and veggies to keep us strong. I have a cpl friends who are going to teach me hydroponics, and indoor gardening this spring/summer as well. they have a small local store that they have successfully been growing tomato corn, ect for more than two years. they are out of dekalb, il. they would teach me all i need to know in this area of study.

We are very loving and honest family. we would like to be with other who have the same hopes, and values as us. i realise that since we dont know eachother outside of this forum, maybe it would be a good idea to set up a time/place where the serious ppl could meet and talk about planning this awesome step towards a new way of life.

Please share any thoughts ideas you may have! thank you

peace love light

updated by @crystalyn: 02/14/15 08:12:25AM
the Barrellady
@the-barrellady
11 years ago
1,302 posts

Sounds like a wonderful way to live, hope you find your destination

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

well i havre a bus already
a few busses on some lands a great start then start to build
im alllways looking at land i found a huge chunk in oregon incredibly cheap

7 thousand

1 sec believe i got it bookmarked

i was also the 1st to call and talk to them about it..before it was oficialy listed

1 sec

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Crystalyn
@crystalyn
11 years ago
38 posts

yes! i saw your post about that land in OR. 7 grand is a great price. im worried about how far north it is... how will the winters be. i will have my two yr old son so that is some consideration of mine.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

crap cant find that 1 now

im always on the lookout thouigh

but wait didnt i post it in the group?

ill have to look

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

it was it would need some sorta septic a well and solar it would be off griid..id doesnt have to be there is access to powerr on 1 side

and this ws a buncha acres i forget how many but more then enough

Enacra Oel said:

7 grand..... so that must be vacant land?? with no structures or utilities (ie mains power, access to water of any kind)

my land was about $100k clean. and it is just over an acre and consists of a shed and a water tank. mains power connected. just over half an hours drive away from closest town

--
Crystalyn
@crystalyn
11 years ago
38 posts

yeah you posted it in natty shack i believe ... ill go look too

Mons
@mons
11 years ago
518 posts
I know (kinda) the area that land is. I just can't say exactly what the winters would be like. I believe it's between Eugene and Sisters, Ore. Somewhat mountainish so winter would be fairly cold, most likely some snow. Summer nice and hot. I live near Tacoma, Wa now and that piece of land is about 5 hrs from me. I could be woken wrong on the area I'm thinking of, Christmas Valley or something right?
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

your exactly right

--
Mons
@mons
11 years ago
518 posts
Ok, I just mapped it, it's a bit more south and east then where I was thinking. That area is a bit more desert-ish. But mountains are close. I'm going to a conference thingie in Portland next weekend, I'll be meeting up with quite a few people from the Eugene and Bend areas, I'll pick their brains and find out if they know anything about it.
 / 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form