Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Oils for bs/acv wash

«arrows_of_the_rainbow☼
@arrows-of-the-rainbow
11 years ago
75 posts

I'm about to place an order at mountain rose herbs for some oils now that I just bought some baking soda and acv. For dandruff, I was thinking of getting tea tree, rosemary, and peppermint. Any suggestions? Thanks!

updated by @arrows-of-the-rainbow: 01/13/15 09:45:48PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,639 posts

if you have dru[y itchy scalp and or t=dandruff great choices lavanders a nice additiions to prevent mildew

i think what u got is a good selection for most to begin with unless u have special neds

those are typicaly the most benificial

to your average dready

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Melony
@melony
11 years ago
45 posts

Tea Tree Oil, Rosemary Oil and Patchouli Oil would be most beneficial in my opinion.

Tim5
@tim5
11 years ago
359 posts

Peppermint is the one for me, if the itchies come for a visit. Last nite I had the itchies, some rosemary, peppermint, apricot kernal and calendula, quick scalp rinse, and sweet, itchies gone.

peace

Kelly3
@kelly3
11 years ago
333 posts

I always save the oils for a pure water rinse, which I pour over my head, at the end, and don't rinse off. I use 30 drops rosemary, 30lavender, 10 teatree and 10 peppermint. The smell is amazing for the rest of the day. Jojoba oil is good for conditioning, but shouldn't really be use until dreads are fully matured as it can slow progress. I still use it occasionally though. If you're buying the oils anyway, it might be worth buying it to save on postage.

«arrows_of_the_rainbow☼
@arrows-of-the-rainbow
11 years ago
75 posts

ok and how much do people normally get? a 1/2 oz of oil?

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,639 posts

anhwhere from 1/2 to 2oz depends on how long i want it to last

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Melony
@melony
11 years ago
45 posts

I don't use more then 3 drops of each essential oil at a time... those little tiny bottles last me a few months.

Angel Frye
@angel-frye
11 years ago
409 posts

Lemon basil. Cedar. Orange. Tangerine. Cardamom(my fave!), frankincense, myrrh. Lavender. Verbena. Rose. Geranium.

99% of anything you think smells good can be used on your hair and scalp. There's only a few that you should stay away from because of the strength of it and how it can be absorbed through the skin to cause changes in your biology.

There was a guy I knew once who used orange peel essential oil rinse on his hair on a regular basis. I always wanted to go up to him and lick him. He just smelled that good.

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form