Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Introduction, and a few loc questions.

ABCXYZ
@abcxyz
11 years ago
8 posts

What's going on guys? I'm gonna keep this short and sweet. I just took the plunge to start on my hair on Jan 24th, and it's been going alright as far as I know. I started with two strand twists, and I had a few come loose in the back but they seem to be alright now. Also have a few loose ones on top of my head. My hair is extremely curly. Almost slinky like. Anyway, I'm hearing that they'll take longer to loc up.

I was wondering if it was too soon to actually go ahead and retwist it. I've washed it twice since I twisted it because I do a lot of exercising. I just work out with a spandex like cap on my head to draw the sweat away and washed through a stocking cap like I've heard many do online and for the most part it's held up pretty decent. I also sleep with the stocking cap on but throughout the day I just let it do it's own thing.

Anyway, here are the pictures. Should I retwist? Kind of hard to tell the difference between new growth or if the base of my twists are just loose because of my hair texture.

When I first got them done:

And here they are right now.

So if anyone can give me some quick feedback, I'd really appreciate it. Sorry if the images exceed a file size, but I didn't see anything where there was a limit on pixel size and I wanted to show the detail. Thanks.

updated by @abcxyz: 02/14/15 04:56:55AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,639 posts

never ever ever retwist dont wear a stockinmg cap dont wash with a stocking cal everytime u pull thst on you undo progress leave emloose and dree asnd never retwist unless u want to be bald

u see scalp between dreads? that dont belong there hair belongs there the more you retwist the more scalp u see the less hair the dread roots get thinner andrthinner dreads fall off and u get widespread balding

forget everything the sakon said its all wrong wash 2 times a week and seperate as neeed u wont bneed to seperate for a while

just wash thats it

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,639 posts

this is what retwisting leads to

was wax used?

salons are the biggest mistake u can make

--
Eddy St. King
@eddy-st-king
11 years ago
50 posts

whew those are twisted tight man. start over.

ABCXYZ
@abcxyz
11 years ago
8 posts

So now what? Take them down, or just leave them as is and don't touch them anymore? With the occupation I have now, I have to maintain at least a slight "manicured" look. Otherwise I would just freeform. Also, never went to a salon, this is just from information I gathered from various sources on the internet.

ABCXYZ
@abcxyz
11 years ago
8 posts

I'm not really sure what to compare tight to. If I put my finger through the base, they'll actually come right out. But either way, that's why I'm here. For your opinions.

Journeyman Dreads said:

Eddy St. King
@eddy-st-king
11 years ago
50 posts

you can still get that manicured look for your job but for the long term sake of your hair you should definitely loosen the root area a lil bit so they're allowed to breathe. too much scalp showing. your hair type would have been fine without the sectioning and you can buy a tam for your job to cover up your hair if that's an issue

ABCXYZ said:

So now what? Take them down, or just leave them as is and don't touch them anymore? With the occupation I have now, I have to maintain at least a slight "manicured" look. Otherwise I would just freeform. Also, never went to a salon, this is just from information I gathered from various sources on the internet.

Eddy St. King
@eddy-st-king
11 years ago
50 posts

The main goal is to avoid permanent baldness. other than that you'd be good with your setup.

ABCXYZ said:

I'm not really sure what to compare tight to. If I put my finger through the base, they'll actually come right out. But either way, that's why I'm here. For your opinions.

Journeyman Dreads said:

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,639 posts

just continue and no your job cannot make u keep a manicured look thats against the law

just leave em be they asre fine wash (without the stocking) and thats it they need tio loosen some to dread right anyway but they will dread just fine in no time

--
ABCXYZ
@abcxyz
11 years ago
8 posts

And how would I go about loosening the root area? They'll probably just all come out anyway and it'll be tight and curly again.

Journeyman Dreads said:

you can still get that manicured look for your job but for the long term sake of your hair you should definitely loosen the root area a lil bit so they're allowed to breathe. too much scalp showing. your hair type would have been fine without the sectioning and you can buy a tam for your job to cover up your hair if that's an issue

ABCXYZ said:

/ 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form