Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Opinions on Birth Control Pills?

Sarahface
@sarah16
11 years ago
108 posts

Ever since I started dreading I have been a lot more conscious of what I put in my body and trying to experiment with being more natural. Before dreads, I never even considered birth control pills to be bad in any way, but lately I feel as though I'm pumping myself full of unnatural hormones and it's sort of scary to think about. But I'm worried because I feel as though if I quit taking the pill, my menstrual cycle will go back to being insanely irregular like it used to be, along with agonizing cramping.

Any women out there have experience with similar things? I can't talk to my Gyno about it, she insists that BC is the way to go and is perfectly healthy.

updated by @sarah16: 02/14/15 04:56:59AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

theres nothing wrong with insanely iregular but if the cramps are severe there are healthy herbs that will help

i cat imagine trhe ones that make u only gt your period 4 times a year are any good for you at all

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Sunflower
@sunflower
11 years ago
95 posts

I have always been against them, even before dreadlocks simply because well, its unnatural... My view on it is simply that it changes the natural balance of your body and there have been enough women who after years of BC either find it very hard to get pregnant, or cant at all... I also get horrible cramps, but a wonderful warm tea always helps and a warm compress :) and its probably irregular because of using BC, after a while off you will get into a routine, remember its the natural clock :)

Sarahface
@sarah16
11 years ago
108 posts

I know, I feel awful when I skip mine even for a month. Only four times a year would be just ridiculous! I've heard about some herbs helping but I've never actually tried. I should experiment with them, for sure.

soaring eagle said:

theres nothing wrong with insanely iregular but if the cramps are severe there are healthy herbs that will help

i cat imagine trhe ones that make u only gt your period 4 times a year are any good for you at all

Sarahface
@sarah16
11 years ago
108 posts

Wow, I would be destroyed if I found out that BC messed up my ability to get pregnant someday. I am going to seriously consider trying to go off of it for a while and see how I do. Infertility is definitely something I would want to avoid down the road.

Sunflower said:

I have always been against them, even before dreadlocks simply because well, its unnatural... My view on it is simply that it changes the natural balance of your body and there have been enough women who after years of BC either find it very hard to get pregnant, or cant at all... I also get horrible cramps, but a wonderful warm tea always helps and a warm compress :) and its probably irregular because of using BC, after a while off you will get into a routine, remember its the natural clock :)

melanie rose
@melanie-rose
11 years ago
177 posts
Icky nasty foreign substances that your body DOES NOT appreciate. BC is awful in countless ways. Never have taken it and never will.
DreadfullyJaded
@dreadfullyjaded
11 years ago
31 posts

i need to take them for my pcos until my body readjusts itself

They are a strain on the heart and very unnatural

Sarahface
@sarah16
11 years ago
108 posts

Thanks for the input everyone! And to JFMS for the link, I bookmarked it. :)

I wonder if there is a natural way to regulate periods? I know diet can affect it a lot, and even genetics. But it'd be great if I could help my body to stay on schedule. I feel so bad when I miss one, The thought of my body making new blood on a regular schedule makes me feel cleansed after it's all over with.

I could always donate blood every month though, I guess. lol

KnotLady
@knotlady
11 years ago
300 posts

i used to not think that hormonal birthcontrol was bad either...until Mirena. pretty much like dosing myself with the morning after pill every day. i didnt know that at the time. my doctor said there were hardly any side affects....i started to do research because my mood swings got pretty bad. alont with my teeth, and i got psoriasis, and i felt sick alot... and i researched mirena, then levestrogenel, then synthetic prgesterone. all the same thing right? well the info on all are different. its not good. at all. neither is half the shit the doctor will tell you is "harmless" or "perfectly safe". its not normal or natural to put artificial hormones in your body. if it doesnt bother you, then cool. but im never doing it again. it helps people with hormone imbalances sometimes, but those casesz are few and far between. there are many female regulatory herbs that can help with your cramps and irregularity. includingthe herb ;).do some research!! talk to an herbalist or go to a natural food store. thats what i would suggest anyway.

Mons
@mons
11 years ago
518 posts
What about menopause? I had cysts removed from my ovaries when I was 37, fr whatever reason it shut my ovaries down, causing instant intense menopause. I 'm talking hot flashes every 15-20 minutes day and night. There was absolutely no relief. I ended up going on HRT :( I'd love to get off it, but every time I cut back the hot flashes and crazies start up again. I'm going to check out that site, but researching stuff is a pain on a phone.
 / 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form