Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Straggly bits! To dread or not to dread!

Fimbul
@fimbul
11 years ago
31 posts

Hi guys :)

It's been a while since I've posted, my baby dreads are coming up to a month old now! So excited! I am loving every step of this journey!

I have a quick question. I used the twist and rip method, and my hair is just past chin length naturally, which has been fine for the most part. However, almost the entire bottom layer of dreads on my hairline fell out within the first week! Eep! I appreciate that this may be because the hair is too short.

Should I leave these bits to grow for a while before I attempt to dread them again? I'm already leaving them to their own devices, so to speak. I haven't brushed the loose hair for over a month now.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

x

Yay, little dreads! The front ones are really starting to harden up.

Ahhhhh, loose hair!

updated by @fimbul: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
Mons
@mons
11 years ago
518 posts
Yup leave them alone and they'll dread on their own as they get longer. Starter methods usually fall out anyway, so that was totally normal.
taye
@taye
11 years ago
833 posts

They look like beautiful baby dreads :) don't worry about the loose hair. It will dread on it's own when it is ready.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

the hair at the hairline wont dread for a long time just leave it dont "try to dread it" let it dread when it wants to

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Meijka
@meijka
11 years ago
23 posts

I started with the same length of hair, and dreading method. It will all turn out fine. My hairline didn't dread right away either.

Fimbul
@fimbul
11 years ago
31 posts

Yay! Thank you everyone :)

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form