Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Dread question about section sizes!

Cristin Nessen
@cristin-nessen
11 years ago
158 posts
I know this is in the wrong place, but my phone would only allow me to choose "introduce yourself". Feel free to relocate this question! :)Okay, this is hard to explain. My question is how long does it take for dreads to fatten up to the size of the section they're in? Although I was planning on starting this set of dreads neglect, I think I'm doing twist and rip instead. I know everyone says they plump up to the size of the section, but my hair is very fine, and with my last set, even a year in, my dreads were still thinner than their section. Were they maybe not done fattening up, or is that an indication that maybe I should make my sections a bit bigger than I want my dreads to end up being? I want some fatties this time (within reason so they still dry okay), but I don't want to make huge sections if they will indeed end up that big. Surely hair strand thickness plays somewhat of a part in it, right? Someone with thick, coarse strands is bound to end up with fatter dreads than someone with very fine hair strands, even with the same size sections, right? Or am I wrong?
updated by @cristin-nessen: 01/13/15 09:44:43PM
Cristin Nessen
@cristin-nessen
11 years ago
158 posts
Good point with the congoing! And I guess I'll just make the sections no bigger than the biggest I'd want them, just in case! Thank you!
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form