Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

My official Dread Timeline thread

ReggaePunk
@reggaepunk
11 years ago
11 posts

I am starting this for myself really to track my progress and hold myself accountable. I will post a monthly pic from now on.

I'm starting from short hair and dreading as they grow. I rub with a beanie, but try to limit it as much as possible. I do it mostly to fro out my hair after wearing a beanie or when I wake up in the morning. I am conscious of potential damage, but I'm careful and not really worried about it as my hair is very thick. A little breakage with my hair this short I don't believe will have any negative affect on my dreads when they are longer and mature. I use Bucks County Dread liquid shampoo and bars with occassional locing gel between wash days.

1 month in and I've got lots of knottiness and even a few locs. Stoked on my journey ahead!

3Weeks

One month

updated by @reggaepunk: 02/14/15 02:27:21AM
Anna3
@anna3
11 years ago
70 posts

Looking great so far! Can't wait to see more progress!

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

not bad progress so far

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
jazzymomma
@jazzymomma
11 years ago
175 posts

ha ha nice looking forward to seeing next pics:) "to each his own" i just recently made a timeline myself yesterday:) goodluck with your journey and peace be with you :)

ReggaePunk
@reggaepunk
11 years ago
11 posts

Even less rubbing now, barely doing it at all. I've got about 10-12 dreads that are pretty solid actually. I think I'll let the rest come as they will. Getting big time backlash from my wife/parents about the 'culture' and my messy hair. They don't understand at all. Trying to stay strong. I'm 31 years old for crying out loud. Can't a man be respected for what HE wants to do? I work. I pay taxes.

updated by @reggaepunk: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
ReggaePunk
@reggaepunk
11 years ago
11 posts

Super bummed to report, my dread journey has been postponed... indefinitely. I lost my job and had to cut it in order to better my chances of getting hired. A sad truth, but my family is more important than hair. Once I'm secure in a position, I will try again. I literally shed tears at the salon. This was the last shot before I shaved my head. :(

updated by @reggaepunk: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

u did not have to cut it u did nit have to end yoir journet-y to fget a job

did u even try to get a job b4 u shaved?

even if u ended the journey why shave why not comb it out
?

liy=teraly everyone i knew who took out their dreads for a job didnt h=gewt the job

but everyone that refused to..did

you should not have done that u would have had no tri[ouble getting a job with them

--
ReggaePunk
@reggaepunk
11 years ago
11 posts
Maybe you're right eagle, but I can't risk you being wrong. There are few opportunities that arise in my profession in my area and I need the best chance I can get. Whether its right or not, people discriminate. I shaved due to my color job as well. In hindsight I should have combed out and colored a normal color. I'm stupid and made a knee jerk reaction. If I was further along and more mature looking, I'd have left it. I feel like crap about the whole situation
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

there are few opurtunities for your profession in yot-=ur area probly means there are even fewwer qualified to do that profession in your area

--
ReggaePunk
@reggaepunk
11 years ago
11 posts
Well good news is... hair grows. That's the only sentiment keeping me from going into depression.
 / 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form